EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 6 Mar 2003, 07:45 PM   #16
Shazzer
Essential Contributor

Great community!

I've been an avid reader of this forum for a LONG time but not so active about posting...something I've become a little more committed to lately. (Basically I'm tired of "junior member" status among a group of people that I feel I know well!) The info and assistance available here is unlike anything I've come across any where else on the web. Kudos to everyone involved!
Shazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Mar 2003, 08:01 PM   #17

This forum is great Even though I have only started posting since the start of this year, I first found this forum in 2000, when my email provider shutdown. It has helped me find new email providers, as well as getting an early warning on the ones that were closing down.

I think these forums are great for people who are tired of their email provider, and want to find a new one. Everyone is willing to let you know what they think of an email service, the postive and the negative points. Even the most experienced members of the forum are willing to help out new members with their enquiries.
I think its great that the two best email services, Runbox and Fastmail have their own forums. They are second to none in customer support, demonstrated by the helpful posts you see every day.

Congratulations to emailaddresses.com, runbox and fastmail and best wishes for the future

-Stormcrow-
Old 11 Mar 2003, 08:57 PM   #18
JeffK

I will take this opportunity, on the day I became a cornerstone of the community, to thank Edwin and all forum members for the help, advice and good will which has greeted me here. Even though not all my 500 posts have been useful I have thoroughly enjoyed my participation over the last year.

The forums are a great place to get a hold on email issues and questions.

Best wishes,

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2003, 04:21 AM   #19
teacher
Master of the @

Thumbs up

I just want to say that this is one of the best sites and forums I have been on for layout and ease of use. All the help given by everyone is outstanding.

Since having this site recommended to me, I have in turn recommended it to all of my students.

Thanks Guys!!!!

teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2003, 05:38 AM   #20
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Thumbs up Awesome Site!

I have been on this forum for a while and recently signed up (in December). This site has helped me find Runbox. And to explore the pros and cons of other email providers as well. Without this site I dont know what I would do. I want to thank Edwin expecially for putting together such a great forum. Thanks Everyone and have an awesome weekend.

Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2003, 06:00 AM   #21
anj
Master of the @

I cannot praise this forum enough. Only a few of its merits:

1. The moderation
Firm and responsive. A rare combination. Inappropriate posts are removed or redirected to a more appropriate place. Yet, member input is given due consideration.

2. The advertising and posting policies
Forums with obtrusive ads and ad-like posts start to loose their credibility and usefullness.

3. The community here
The people here are truly helpful and straightforward.

4. The interface and features
Some aspects of organization could be improved, but 99% of what exists is easy and options are clear.

I could go on... in short, this forum feels like a place and not just an interface.
anj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 03:33 AM   #22
kander
The "e" in e-mail

I remember when I first came here... had a little problem with Fastmail. Soon started checking the FM forum more regularly for updates... became involved, helped answer a question or two, became more involved, found out about the life on other forums, and became hooked.

Everybody here is friendly, and those who feel they have a mission in life to ruin other people's life are swiftly shown the way out. I also feel that I needn't be afraid to ask something others might see as obvious, something which I really like. On some other Forums you're supposed to be a full expert before you're ven allowed to ask a question :-/

May this Forum live long and prosper!

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2003, 08:14 AM   #23
admiralu
Essential Contributor

Cool I Agree

And may its members also live long and prosper as well!
admiralu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2003, 10:52 PM   #24
Gankaku

I just had an experience on another forum. I'd posted there for a little guidance in the right direction for something I need to do. This very arrogant person came back with something like "You can't do this, because if you're asking this it means you can't and won't be able to do this." to which I responded with Abraham Lincoln's "Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum because anyone can come here with the biggest questionmark in their head and get pointed to the right direction. A little friendly help goes a long way.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 01:59 AM   #25
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Hey Lisa,

I so agree to that.. I can't stand it when people are like that... I've had similar experiences on a few forums.

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 02:07 AM   #26
DBH

It's too bad some people are like that. Why do they think people sign up for forums? To receive help as well as offer it. That's the whole idea!
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 02:20 AM   #27
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
It's too bad some people are like that. Why do they think people sign up for forums? To receive help as well as offer it. That's the whole idea!
Surely not! and I thought the whole idea was to have a place to demonstrate my superiority over those who clearly know less than I.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 02:22 AM   #28
DBH

DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 11:40 AM   #29
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by redmyrlin
Surely not! and I thought the whole idea was to have a place to demonstrate my superiority over those who clearly know less than I.
:-D Are we just spoiled on this forum? I have heard the horror stories about other forums, and finally found out for myself... Here the moderation can be strict, but also people jump in when others are being too harsh. It's a balance.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2003, 05:52 PM   #30
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
:-D Are we just spoiled on this forum? ...
I must say, in all honesty, that of the many forums I frequent, this is the one I enjoy the most. We are really privileged to have this community.
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote