EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 14 Apr 2014, 12:49 PM   #1
manofgod

gmail password just stopped working

Well, I've tried everything I can to solve this problem for a friend of mine and just can't find a solution. I thought that maybe some of you really smart people may be able to help me.

Four days ago, she could log into her gmail account; the next day, her password would not work. She made no changes between the two days. Alas, she cannot remember the last phone number associated with the account, as her number has changed several times over the course of having the account and she didn't update it in the account.

Also, when I start working through the recovery process, I don't get a window to enter a secondary email address.

Is there any way she can recover this password? Could it possibly have been hacked and changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
manofgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Apr 2014, 11:55 AM   #2
manofgod

Gmail password problem solved.

Just thought I'd let everyone who viewed this problem know what happened.

My friend finally got a message screen from Google when she tried again to log in to her gmail account that told her that someone had tried to hack into her account. Google asked her if she was actually the person who owned the account, at which time she was allowed to log in. Google had apparently locked the account down somehow, or something like that.
manofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2014, 02:36 PM   #3
drew
The "e" in e-mail

Very happy you shared the happy ending
of the story. Show mow much these criminals
value access to our accounts.

I shoould change my psw ASAP knowing
this scenario is more that what I thought.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote