EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 8 Aug 2017, 06:59 PM   #1
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Automatic Upgrade of Member Accounts

Member accounts were supposed to be automatically converted to a basic account "shortly after July 31st". Has anyone else not had their account converted yet?
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Aug 2017, 01:02 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Where do you think that any accounts were being automatically converted? Where did you get that "shortly after July 31st" quote? You needed to take manual actions before July 31:
https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/member.html

Over 6 months ago (Jan 31, 2007) you should have received an email sent to all Member accounts. Here is a portion of the one I received:
Quote:
From 31st July, 2017 our 'Member' level plans will be discontinued.
To continue using your FastMail account after this time you'll need to select one of our current plans.
In recognition of being a long-time FastMail user we're offering you 50% OFF all upgrades until the end of July, which includes our already discounted multi-year subscriptions.
And if you upgrade now we'll also add all the remaining time until 31 July for free!
As an added bonus we've also given you $15 credit to put towards your subscription, which is equal to the amount you originally paid for your account.
This means if you were to upgrade to a Basic account today for one year, with the discount and account credit you are effectively getting FastMail at no charge until 31 July 2018 with a massive 2 GB of storage (up from 16 MB)!.
I think that Fastmail may have extended this offer a short time, so if you haven't taken advantage of it you need to upgrade ASAP (if you still have the choice) or contact Fastmail support. Once the account is closed all email will be permanently deleted, I believe.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Aug 2017, 08:01 PM   #3
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Where do you think that any accounts were being automatically converted? Where did you get that "shortly after July 31st" quote?

Fastmail sent emails saying that no action was required, but it's alright I got switched a few hours ago.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2017, 08:59 AM   #4
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

I haven't noticed any changes except for the complete screw-up in delivering mail to the proper address. Despite the best efforts of the kind people on the forum, no effort was made to help me with this problem by admin.

Maybe I will be notified about my fate when it's time for me to re-new? I only found out about all of these changes by reading an article in Wikipedia!
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote