EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Mar 2015, 05:09 AM   #1
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Feature Requests for FM - smart filters and rescheduling

Hi guys,

Here are a couple of feature requests. Recently, I've been testing a number of apps and services, and I've found some nice features that would be great to see in FM.

For example, Office 365 Business OWA has a relatively new feature called "Clutter" which basically seems to act like a trainable Bayesian filter for stuff that isn't spam, but which doesn't belong in the INBOX either. Sort of a smart filter for non-spam, non-important email. It's actually really nice, would love to see FM adopt something similar. FM already has a Bayesian filter running for spam, I wonder how hard it would be to adapt that to something like this?

Another example of a good idea is how Microsoft's new Outlook app for iOS (formerly Acompli, but now acquired and re-branded by Microsoft), has a nice "focused" inbox. It's similar to the "clutter" feature mentioned above, in that it separates out the most important stuff from secondary stuff, and it's trainable. Focus + clutter is even better BTW.

I also really like the idea of "tabling" or "rescheduling" an email... Acompli does this, and in a similar fashion, so does Google's new Inbox feature... basically, a much more intelligent kind of inbox.

I haven't yet had a chance to test out Mailbox (by Dropbox) and CloudMagic, but both have similar features if I understand correctly.

Anyway, just a thought -- the concept of adding smarter, trainable filters and then also "rescheduling" an email are both pretty neat and helpful.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Jun 2015, 12:57 AM   #2
GeraldR
Essential Contributor

This is a very useful feature which I use every day. I have been using Taquilla add-on for Thunderbird to do this. It worked very well, but seems to have failed for me after upgrade to 38.0.1. Would love to see it as a Fastmail feature.

Last edited by GeraldR : 17 Jun 2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typo
GeraldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2015, 01:12 AM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post
s a relatively new feature called "Clutter" which basically seems to act like a trainable Bayesian filter for stuff that isn't spam, but which doesn't belong in the INBOX either. Sort of a smart filter for non-spam, non-important email. stuff, .
Gmail has something along these lines: categories such as Promotions, Social and Updates,
Judging by postings here in the Gmail section, this only creates confusion:"why aren't my new emails in Inbox?". And the next question is "how to switch this feature off?"

Definitely -1 from me.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote