EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Aug 2015, 09:52 PM   #226
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Maybe not a difficult question, but I have added Fastmail's CardDAV server to my iPhone, however my iPhone contacts are not synced to Fastmail. Am I again missing something? Thanks for help.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2015, 11:17 PM   #227
skadoo323

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
Maybe not a difficult question, but I have added Fastmail's CardDAV server to my iPhone, however my iPhone contacts are not synced to Fastmail. Am I again missing something? Thanks for help.
You need to use the FastMail website and import the contacts from (Apple, Gmail, etc) into FastMail. Then the contacts will sync with your iPhone.
skadoo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2015, 02:34 PM   #228
quidam

CardDAV Browser TB extension

Just out of curiosity, has someone given the CardDAV Browser Thunderbird extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...rddav-browser/) a try?
quidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2015, 07:42 PM   #229
JamieKitson

I finally got CardDAV working on Windows Phone 8.1:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=70967
JamieKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2015, 04:31 AM   #230
jtmusson

Evening,

I'm looking at my Fastmail Contacts in the OS X Yosemite address book. It appears that any contact shared globally in my Fastmail family account is missing from the OS X address book list.

I feel as though I remember reading something about this on the forum. Can anyone point me in the direction of a workaround or solution?

Thank you very much,

James
jtmusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2015, 08:39 AM   #231
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmusson View Post
I'm looking at my Fastmail Contacts in the OS X Yosemite address book. It appears that any contact shared globally in my Fastmail family account is missing from the OS X address book list.
Shared contacts are stored in a separate CardDAV addressbook collection. It's visible in your account, but Contacts.app is limited in that it can only use the first one returned by the server.

The workaround is to create a separate account, and instead of using you@domain.com for your username, use you+Shared@domain.com. This will cause the server to only list addressbooks named "Shared". Contacts.app will then use that addressbook for that account.

This is documented here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/clients/maccontacts.html
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2015, 06:49 PM   #232
jtmusson

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
The workaround is to create a separate account, and instead of using you@domain.com for your username, use you+Shared@domain.com. This will cause the server to only list addressbooks named "Shared". Contacts.app will then use that addressbook for that account.

This is documented here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/clients/maccontacts.html
Thanks robn, works great!

I have added the Shared address book as a separate CardDAV account under System Preferences > Internet Accounts, so both are displayed together in OS X Contacts when using the "All Contacts" view. The default address book in OS X Contacts preferences is the non-shared version. Let's see how it goes!

Thanks again, J
jtmusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2015, 05:19 PM   #233
ParkerKy

When the beta CardDAV enter these details will be finalized. Samsung Galaxy s6 coverWe have not set a date yet, but should be in the next month or two. I use CardDAV in my Synology NAS, so ...... Samsung Galaxy note 5 casecontacts FM sunchronise I CardDAV server?

Last edited by ParkerKy : 30 Sep 2015 at 03:38 PM.
ParkerKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2015, 10:21 PM   #234
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerKy View Post
When the beta CardDAV enter these details will be finalized. We have not set a date yet, but should be in the next month or two. I use CardDAV in my Synology NAS, so ...... contacts FM sunchronise I CardDAV server?
I don't quite understand your first two sentences...

Regarding Synology, Fastmail provides no mechanism to sync with other CardDav servers.

Synology would have to provide the ability to sync with other servers. Therefore, this would have to be done in the Synology side.

If you figure out how to do this on the synology, please share your results. I would be interested to know.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote