EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Oct 2013, 10:12 PM   #1
horatio8

Setting to change default to search current folder

90% of my searches are of my inbox. I would like to have a setting to search the current folder as the default, as opposed to the current default of searching all folders. I usually run a search, and switch it to inbox only in the middle. Thanks.
horatio8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Apr 2014, 08:25 AM   #2
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

I thought I read somewhere (the FM blog maybe?) that the searches in the beta interface would default to searching the current folder (if a sub folder of Inbox) and all folders if the search was in the Inbox.
It doesn't appear to be the case & I now cannot find the reference.
Did I just dream this??
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Apr 2014, 12:14 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

No, you didn't dream this ... but it has nothing to do with beta. In the normal Fastmail web interface since January 31, 2014:
Quote:
When searching mail, you can now hit "shift-enter" to search all mail, or "alt-enter" to search just the current folder. Hitting just "enter" will continue to work as it has always done: using the same scope as your previous search.
So just enter your search string and terminate with ALT-Enter to search the current folder. You can then change folders and searching with Enter will still use the new current folder. You can use Shift-Enter to return to searching all folders.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Apr 2014, 03:14 PM   #4
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks Bill.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote