EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Jun 2019, 03:22 AM   #1
HJ User

Angry Cannot Log Into FM today

As of this morning [Pacific time], we cannot access log in order to retrieve our email. I have sent a note on this to support. However, given that there has been an "upgrade" of some kind, we are surprised that no one has reported a similar problem to ours. We had to use our alternate email account to send the support need. While I am on the subject, is there any kind of phone support? In the western USA.

This is what occurs:

Click the link for Fastmail, fastmail is accessed, but stalls with the blue bars counting time. The login and password screen is not coming on so we can enter our details, and access the account. We used two separate computers to try but no success.

HJ
HJ User is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Jun 2019, 03:50 AM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Were each of those two computers using the same browser (chrome, firefox, etc.)? If so try a different browser for comparison.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2019, 04:23 AM   #3
HJ User

I have tried IE also, but my other computers run FF 52 and FF 32. However, there has never been an access problem for at least a year or more.
Old 25 Jun 2019, 05:05 AM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

If you are seeing this problem with multiple browsers, I suspect a networking issue rather than something at FastMail's end. If you are using a VPN, see what happens if you try to access FastMail outside of the VPN. If you are not using a VPN, see what happens when you do. This often helps in narrowing down the cause of such problems.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2019, 05:27 AM   #5
Folio

I wonder if any of today's issues were relating to the routing problem affecting a lot of internet traffic:

https://blog.fhrnet.eu/2019/06/24/wh...global-outage/
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2019, 07:19 AM   #6
HJ User

Smile Got in for mail -- thanks

I was able to get into the site about an hour ago using FF 48. I am now able to get in with our computers which have FF 39 and FF52, these are the two that failed this morning. It appears that FM has gotten on top of the problem.

Thank all for your help.

HJ
Old 25 Jun 2019, 08:11 AM   #7
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

With either of your your FF's as you mouse over the mailbox folder names on the left, by any chance do you see the letters "Ed" just under and to the right the three vertical dots? I use Mac OS X FF 48.0.2 and I see that. Already submitted a ticket on it.

I think the "Ed" is the first two letters of the word "Edit" cut off by the divider.

Note I don't see it in Chrome (also equally old).
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote