EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Jan 2018, 05:22 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Identities question

When I go to Identities I notice I have two main entries how can I remove one without messing up anything these entries are at top of page
thanks for any help

user@fm.com
user@fm.com
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jan 2018, 11:14 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Sorry, but I'm confused by your question. Your entries on the Identities page only changes the choices you have to change your From address when sending. They do not affect receiving email.
  • If you go to the Settings>Identities & Fetch page, you will see one or more Send Mail As identities at the top. You can edit each of these, and while editing you can click Show advanced preferences to change more features (such as creating a Nickname only visible to you). You can remove that sending identity using the Remove Account button while editing an identity.
  • Below this is a tool which lets you select your default identity.
  • What are you calling your "main entries"?
  • Why did you place two identical email addresses on your question?
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2018, 12:39 PM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Bill The reason I placed two identical address's at top is because that is what is displayed. I wish to delete one of them. When I click edit i get top of compose screen don't get a delete or anything telling me how to edit the addy
Old 28 Jan 2018, 04:00 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

That means you are trying to delete your main account name original entry.
  • When you get a new account there is one identity shown (the login address of your account).
  • You can create another identity with that same address (a copy). You are asked to confirm when you try this. This copy might have a different name or signature.
  • You can later edit and remove the copy. But you can't remove the primary account identity, because that would not allow you to send any emails if you didn't have any aliases.
  • So you will be able to edit and remove one of those two identities. You will have to experiment to see which one is the copy which can be removed.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2018, 11:25 PM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks much Bill It worked like a charm I had been trying to remove the bottom one. When I tried top one it worked. Thanks again