EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 5 Dec 2020, 08:59 PM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

Zoho vs Gmail vs Online Office

This question is mainly about the ancillary services that come with some of the big online office providers. I have a lot of experience with the email services of Gmail and Microsoft, and a little (old) experience with Zoho, but I was wondering how the other online office programs compare. In particular, the word processor and spreadsheet functions are the ones I use the most. Because of my lifestyle it is critical to be able to create and edit documents and spreadsheets online from any device wherever I am, so I'm not really interested in comparing the online offerings to desktop Office (which I also use extensively). My own mostly gut-level comparison is that since Microsoft Office is the de-facto "standard" that most end documents must be saved in the online Ms Office programs are probably the best ones to use, with the least hassle in converting formats and least likely to cause formatting issues. Google's online apps work well enough, but having to download in other formats than Google's own always creates possible errors in formatting and sometimes I find things like spreadsheets work differently than what I am used to. Haven't used Zoho's stuff enough to have any opinion on how good they are. Thoughts?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote