EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > The Technical Zone...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Technical Zone... The Geeky forum... Use this forum to discuss technical aspects of email, from authentication protocols to encryption.

Old 25 Jun 2003, 05:49 AM   #1
esTester
Cornerstone of the Community

Local IMAP Server That Can Poll Multiple POP Accounts

Hi,

I am looking for a local IMAP server, so I can keep my mail in sync accross my network, but I can't seem to find one that polls multiple accounts. I can't foward the mail to one POP account, due to the services I am working with, so any advice would be appriciated.

So far I have tried with Blueberry IMAP, but it seems it can only poll one POP account per user. The host computer for the IMAP server is Windows XP.

Thanks again for any help.

Last edited by esTester : 25 Jun 2003 at 06:36 AM.
esTester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Jun 2003, 07:13 AM   #2
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Not quite sure if I understand exactly what you are trying to do here, so ignore this entirely if you wish.

Squirrelmail, an HTML front end to an Imap server, has the ability to fetch mail from multiple POP accounts onto the Imap server. Written in php it should run on WinXP. Perhaps Imap server + Squirrelmail might provide what you need?
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2003, 06:46 AM   #3
esTester
Cornerstone of the Community

Thanks for the advice. I had thought of that myself too, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I will probably have some time tonight to try and will report back with results. It seems like the ideal solution for me though. Thanks and have a good day.

-- Alex
esTester is offline   Reply With Quote