EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 1 Aug 2014, 01:50 AM   #1
bingo19

Unhappy Are you happy with RoundCube ?

Hi,
I have sent a support request about RoundCube and am currently waiting for their reply.

What I have reported:
- I saw new "ghosts folders" in the RoundCube folders list and I can not delete them
- when importing my contacts from the "standard" webmail to RoundCube, I have got many errors
- when generating a PGP key from RoundCube, I have got errors

After that, I noticed that some folders in the folders list were not available from the server too and that I could not subscribe to them. They are listed but unreachable...

So, do you use RoundCube at Runbox ? I am thinking about leaving Runbox soon since I am no more happy with all the technical issues...

Edit: I noticed that "files" are not available from RoundCube...
bingo19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Aug 2014, 01:09 PM   #2
smithmb001

I switched from RoundCube back to the RunBox web mail client a while back. The RunBox web mail client is in need of a refresh (Version 7), but is fast and efficient and gets the job done. And, you have access to Files as well as all the management tools.

My wife has been using RoundCube since it was offered and she has no issues with the client. She uses it every day - just the basics.

The RoundCube client is polished and I like the contacts and the PGP option. I only tested the PGP option since none of my family or friends are security focused and it worked fine.

For me, I think RoundCube was a good experiment. In my opinion RunBox should focus on improving the RMM client as well as adding additional features such as calendar, improved contacts, improved file management and additional security features such as PGP and 2FA to RMM.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Aug 2014, 01:51 AM   #3
bingo19

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with RB. For me, the most disadvantage or Runbox mail manager 6 is with stressed letters (é, à, etc) which are massively used in my language.

Frequently, the messages are suddenly converted with other entities like E06, etc... That's the reason why I have chosen to try RoundCube but not with a really big satisfaction...

And I will try FM as well
Old 2 Aug 2014, 05:33 AM   #4
bingo19

Liz solved me the "ghosts folders" issue.
GhostLizBuster
Old 2 Aug 2014, 11:20 AM   #5
smithmb001

Having many special characters in your primary language must be quite challenging! I don't have any experience with using those within RunBox or RoundCube.

RunBox has excellent service and support. Maybe they can address the issue with special characters.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 03:41 PM   #6
bingo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmb001 View Post
RunBox has excellent service and support. Maybe they can address the issue with special characters.
I have hoped so and informed about the problem some months ago without any luck. I really wonder if they still want to provide a good webmail or only sell their email hosting services.
Old 6 Aug 2014, 05:22 AM   #7
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
bingo19: We definitely want to provide a great webmail service and we will be focusing more on that going forward. The past few months we've had to prioritize accommodating all the new customers that arrived in the wake of the surveillance revelations in the US.

The feedback you all have provided here regarding Roundcube has confirmed our view that the Runbox webmail should remain our main webmail product, and that the interface needs an upgrade.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2014, 03:30 AM   #8
tommy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
The feedback you all have provided here regarding Roundcube has confirmed our view that the Runbox webmail should remain our main webmail product, and that the interface needs an upgrade.

- Geir
Aaa! Only if it will be a massive upgrade to make it similar to Roundcube (or Zimbra, etc). If Roundcube were discontinued and I had to use the RB webmail interface, I'd quit RB altogether!
tommy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2014, 04:21 AM   #9
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy18 View Post
Aaa! Only if it will be a massive upgrade to make it similar to Roundcube (or Zimbra, etc). If Roundcube were discontinued and I had to use the RB webmail interface, I'd quit RB altogether!
Really? How do you guys use Roundcube anyway? It's just so so so so slow on my computer...
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2014, 04:23 AM   #10
bingo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Really? How do you guys use Roundcube anyway? It's just so so so so slow on my computer...
Not slow on mine but not well usable... Waiting for Runbox WB 7 before to come back to RunBox
Old 12 Aug 2014, 02:23 AM   #11
filbert

I invariably use RoundCube as a webmail interface to my Runbox a/c. I have only had one issue (with certificates) but was quickly sorted with help from RB support. As far as I am concerend, it just works.
I have also used RoundCube elsewhere and can't remember having any problems.

I *really* don't like the Runbox interface - but it's a personal opinion. If RoundCube disappeared, I think I would go so far as to look elsewhere.
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2014, 04:57 AM   #12
probabilistic

How does one access the roundcube interface? I don't think I have that option in my preferences...
probabilistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2014, 05:01 AM   #13
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by probabilistic View Post
How does one access the roundcube interface? I don't think I have that option in my preferences...
You had to ask support for the URL to get access as it was on beta but I would have thought it would have been on full release by now.
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2014, 05:16 AM   #14
probabilistic

Hmmm, ok, I found the link in another thread. Definitely prefer the roundcube interface, but it is a lot slower, especially for loading large folders...
probabilistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2014, 10:11 AM   #15
smithmb001

OX App Suite

Here is an open source product that I think is much better than RoundCube. Check it out. I've had a demo account that has remained open since the site came available.

OX App Suite
https://www.ox.io/