EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:09 PM   #1
vazwaz

2fa

Any chance of 2FA being implemented this year?
vazwaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:48 PM   #2
jl66
Essential Contributor

I already have lost my hope in many things with RB...
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:56 PM   #3
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl66 View Post
I already have lost my hope in many things with RB...
Indeed. They're so far behind, it's not even funny. Even if they give us 2FA, then they still have that atrocious webclient.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Apr 2015, 09:05 PM   #4
vazwaz

I have been with Runbox a few years now and I am really disappointed at their lack of progress.
I am on the verge of giving up and moving on to pastures new.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 09:09 PM   #5
vazwaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Indeed. They're so far behind, it's not even funny. Even if they give us 2FA, then they still have that atrocious webclient.
Yes it is awful and their spam filtering is not very good.
The final straw for me is when they tarted up the home screen. I was thinking why waste time on that when they could be doing more important improvements.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 08:16 AM   #6
Jason4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazwaz View Post
Yes it is awful and their spam filtering is not very good.
The final straw for me is when they tarted up the home screen. I was thinking why waste time on that when they could be doing more important improvements.
I agree with this.

Runbox is not a serious web hosting company. I was just waiting for my subscription to expire before moving elsewhere but I'm not even going to wait that long anymore.
Jason4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2015, 04:34 AM   #7
orelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazwaz View Post
I have been with Runbox a few years now and I am really disappointed at their lack of progress.
I am on the verge of giving up and moving on to pastures new.
I've really the impression they are surely understaffed, more when I see the support email answers are provided by the co-owners, I can't believe the CEO of my company will have to do the support of our customers.
orelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Apr 2015, 07:00 PM   #8
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by orelz View Post
I've really the impression they are surely understaffed, more when I see the support email answers are provided by the co-owners, I can't believe the CEO of my company will have to do the support of our customers.
Runbox is a small private company, and the people who run the business are the ones who are invited to become shareholders. This is why you see us signing off support tickets as co-owners. Not all the people who work with us are co-owners, but most are.

Things like re-designing the front page are a different skill set to developing projects that are part of the service and therefore done by different people. No additional resources were used in the re-design.

We realise that 2FA and other projects have been a long time coming, and we are disappointed that we have not been able to deliver them sooner. We are actively working on bringing them to fruition, and they are not just left on a shelf. You only have our word on that, and we realise actions speak louder than words. We will say more when there is news about these projects.

Runbox has been growing steadily in recent years, and this has helped us put in place the right people to do the tasks that are required. In that time we have entirely replaced many of our systems, offered new services at no additional cost, enhanced what we offer on our price plans and avoided any price increases.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2015, 04:26 AM   #9
smithmb001

As with all things RunBox, you just have to be REALLY patient. I renewed for 3 years a couple of months ago and have no concerns about these other projects. Yes, I would like 2FA, as well as some other features like calendaring and PGP in the web interface, but none of these planned features are why I signed up for RunBox in the first place. The refresh of the web interface was a really nice enhancement and I greatly appreciate the time and effort Geir put into that update. The update of the RunBox home page was nice, but the old page was OK too.

There are little things I would like to see done to the existing interface. For example, under Main Account, under Products, I would like to be able to tie my services to my products. Right now, I cannot tell which domain name is associated with which product listed. It would also be nice to see price discounts offered for years 2 and 3 for all add-in products, including the Runbox Mini Sub-accounts. A good way to lock users in for longer periods of time is to allow them to save money when making a longer term commitment.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2015, 01:05 PM   #10
hajonez

As smithmb001 suggests, Runbox's strength is its stability, security and reliability. The have never felt the need to pack their offering with huge numbers of features but I, for one, have really appreciated their elegant consistency over the years. It was the simplicity and smoothness of the web interface that initially drew me to the service and they have maintained this focus on usability and speed in subsequent upgrades. They are committed to two factor authentication but as in all developments at Runbox, they will make sure they get it just right before rolling it out. I am grateful for this slow and steady development and is the reason why I still use the service after more than a decade.

- Henry
hajonez is offline   Reply With Quote