EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 17 Mar 2020, 09:15 AM   #16
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexu2007 View Post
When I bought the first mailbox the price was 9,99 euros, then in my mailbox, under the folder list there is a text that shows how long is the subscription then a link Extend. When I clicked the link there was a popup that let me add years to my subscription and it was like this:

Renew domain subscription (1 mailbox)
Loyal client discount
70% off original price
€3/1 year

But beware, if you want to get another mailbox, the new mailbox will have as minimum subscription period the total period for which you paid for the first mailbox. I paid for 3 years in advance for my first mailbox, now if I want to buy another mailbox it will have 3 years minimum period (it will cost me €29/1094 days).

I am sorry for the late reply and for not being able to make you some screenshots, things are a little hectic here since the number of coronavirus cases is still rising in Romania.
That's right Thanks. Wish all you people get fine during the virus period.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2020, 02:55 PM   #17
rnkn

I thought I'd give these guys a try. Wasn't for me. But then trying to delete my account has been a nightmare.

The support staff just respond with instructions on how to delete a mailbox, not an account.

I've needed to provide step-by-step screenshots just to have them understand.

I still haven't been able to delete the account. It feels like walking around with gum on my shoe that I cannot remove.
rnkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2020, 04:51 PM   #18
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Have you followed the instruction given in their Terms of Service?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2020, 06:51 PM   #19
Dahaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexu2007 View Post
When I bought the first mailbox the price was 9,99 euros, then in my mailbox, under the folder list there is a text that shows how long is the subscription then a link Extend. When I clicked the link there was a popup that let me add years to my subscription and it was like this:

Renew domain subscription (1 mailbox)
Loyal client discount
70% off original price
€3/1 year

But beware, if you want to get another mailbox, the new mailbox will have as minimum subscription period the total period for which you paid for the first mailbox. I paid for 3 years in advance for my first mailbox, now if I want to buy another mailbox it will have 3 years minimum period (it will cost me €29/1094 days).

I am sorry for the late reply and for not being able to make you some screenshots, things are a little hectic here since the number of coronavirus cases is still rising in Romania.
I see, that now, price for Inbox.eu email has been reduced, they offer 3 eur per year for new and for exist mailboxes. And price is not depend more for Business or Personal mailbox, for any subscription - one price.
Dahaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2020, 07:54 PM   #20
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahaka View Post
I see, that now, price for Inbox.eu email has been reduced, they offer 3 eur per year for new and for exist mailboxes. And price is not depend more for Business or Personal mailbox, for any subscription - one price.
will they run away the biz quickly?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 11:17 PM   #21
Dahaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
will they run away the biz quickly?
Why? IMO new price is better for them at this time and I don't think that 3 eur is expensive for domain email with additional features w/o ads. Or no?
Old 23 Sep 2020, 11:02 AM   #22
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahaka View Post
Why? IMO new price is better for them at this time and I don't think that 3 eur is expensive for domain email with additional features w/o ads. Or no?
Well, for me, they are two cheap, not too expensive.
I spent 12 USD per month on gsuite biz plan, but that's one month.
they want 3EUR for a whole year. I just don't belive their biz will last too long.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 07:59 PM   #23
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

They run the inbox.lv free email service since 20 years ago without problems. I suspect that inbox.eu use the same infrastructure (inbox.lv offers also a paid option to get rid of advertising), the only difference is that inbox.eu allow using your own domain. So I think it's a stable business.
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2020, 04:26 PM   #24
Dahaka

Recently, inbox.eu start to offer for users two options - biometric login to mailbox - can use fingerprint or PIN of mobile phone, face - I didn't test .
And I saw that sometime ago some asked about mailbox deletion - now is possilbe delete mailbox or domain email by GDPR (by European Union's personal data security regulation) - it mean, that all your data will be deleted at once and without any possibility to restore it. I think it is better, because it complement the service with privacy.
But global Inbox.eu account, that I use for admin part - still not allowed delete ) Maybe only via Support - I didn't try.
Old 22 Jun 2021, 09:00 AM   #25
emoore
Essential Contributor

I got an account in May as I wanted to evaluate inbox.eu over a long period of time as a alternative in case fastmail doesn't meet my need some day. I couldn't use POP/IMAP/SMTP during the free trial. I had to pay for the account ($3.58/year) to enable using a email client.

I use it as a IMAP account in Thunderbird. My quota is 95.4GB, not 100GB for some unknown reason. Seems reliable, good performance (I'm in the USA, they're in Latvia) and no spam so far.

Gmail and Yahoo have no problem with mail I send from that email address but Fastmail, Outlook and Comcast assume its spam (due to the domain, not the content). It wasn't on any of the 86 blacklists checked by https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx but was on one (spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net) of the 49 checked by https://www.dnsbl.info/dnsbl-database-check.php . However, http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml doesn't list it in their database. Confusing.
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2021, 02:02 PM   #26
jmalinens

@emoore there is one non-advertised trick to evaluate IMAP/POP3 for free account: you need to verify your mobile phone in your profile and then you are able to enable special IMAP password.

Phone verification is one of the ways we are avoiding spammers in our service who attempt to use free accounts to send spam.

As for sending emails from aliases: this is one of the tasks we will be working on this summer to enable this feature.
jmalinens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2021, 09:41 PM   #27
uckinbox

Thumbs down inbox.lv ( like inbox.lt & inbox.eu ) cannot be trusted.

I had an email address at inbox.lv for many years but suddenly, my email address was deleted!!
My recovery email address is no more recognized.
So, I sent them a message on their site.
They replied to me with a lot of questions.
They wanted I go to http://test.inbox.lv in order to send them my IP address, my browser, User Agent.
They also wanted I give them the email addresses of people sending me emails and those I sent!
More weird: They asked me for my social security number!!!!
They act against the european laws. They act like robbers.
After that, they never replied to my emails.
One of my friends paid for their cloud and now, he has lost all of his documents!
inbox.lv ( like inbox.lt & inbox.eu ) cannot be trusted.
uckinbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2021, 10:05 PM   #28
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by uckinbox View Post
They wanted I go to http://test.inbox.lv in order to send them...

This site simply displays your IP address and browser information. It does not ask for anything.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2021, 10:09 PM   #29
uckinbox

Thumbs down

What they asked me:
"The IP address from which you most frequently visit your email. You can find out your IP address, visiting this link - http://test.inbox.lv ;"
uckinbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jul 2021, 10:53 PM   #30
alexu2007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uckinbox View Post
I had an email address at inbox.lv for many years but suddenly, my email address was deleted!!
My recovery email address is no more recognized.
So, I sent them a message on their site.
They replied to me with a lot of questions.
They wanted I go to http://test.inbox.lv in order to send them my IP address, my browser, User Agent.
They also wanted I give them the email addresses of people sending me emails and those I sent!
More weird: They asked me for my social security number!!!!
They act against the european laws. They act like robbers.
After that, they never replied to my emails.
One of my friends paid for their cloud and now, he has lost all of his documents!
inbox.lv ( like inbox.lt & inbox.eu ) cannot be trusted.
Can you tell me where do I find the option to pay for more cloud storage in inbox.eu? I couldn't find it and I want to increase my cloud storage.

They allready know the email addresses of people who send you emails and those you send and also the IP's that accessed your mailbox in the past, so I believe these questions are intended to verify that you really are the owner of that account.

What European laws they act against? What did they robbed you of?
alexu2007 is offline   Reply With Quote