EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 1 May 2024, 12:35 PM   #1
tdf

Which is the securest email ?

I'm new here . I'm finding the securest email to use . I hope you give me some advice .Thank you .
tdf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 May 2024, 01:31 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Secure against what? For example, you can have a service with impregnable software that no hacker could ever break into, and even if they do your emails will be encrypted so they can't be read. But, that same service may be knocked offline by a DDoS attack because they don't have the infrastructure to block it, meaning your very secure, unreadable messages are also unreadable by you! In general, I would say you will want to look at one of the trusted bigger fully encrypted end-to-end services, like Proton and Tuta. I would choose Proton just for their feature set and apparent reliability.

https://proton.me/mail
https://tuta.com/
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:03 AM   #3
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
...that same service may be knocked offline by a DDoS attack because they don't have the infrastructure to block it, meaning your very secure, unreadable messages are also unreadable by you!

or you can forget your passwords or lose all your 2nd factors and lose access to all your email forever, or they can have hardware failure resulting in loss of all your email, or someone can hack your own computer and then when you login to your maximum security service it's not you but an attacker that is logged in as you from your machine.
And finally, your email correspondence with other people cannot be more secure than what their email services provide.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:08 AM   #4
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

"fully encrypted end-to-end services" applies only to messages between users of the same service.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 06:16 AM   #5
Bamb0
Master of the @

Smile Welcome TDF,I hope you like it here!!

Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 01:21 PM   #6
dojyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf View Post
I'm new here . I'm finding the securest email to use . I hope you give me some advice .Thank you .
As far as I know, email is not safe because it was built decades ago, when security was not a feature.
dojyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 04:11 PM   #7
tdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Secure against what? For example, you can have a service with impregnable software that no hacker could ever break into, and even if they do your emails will be encrypted so they can't be read. But, that same service may be knocked offline by a DDoS attack because they don't have the infrastructure to block it, meaning your very secure, unreadable messages are also unreadable by you! In general, I would say you will want to look at one of the trusted bigger fully encrypted end-to-end services, like Proton and Tuta. I would choose Proton just for their feature set and apparent reliability.

https://proton.me/mail
https://tuta.com/
I've tried proton and tuta for a long time. I think they are good for use.
Old 2 May 2024, 04:17 PM   #8
tdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
or you can forget your passwords or lose all your 2nd factors and lose access to all your email forever, or they can have hardware failure resulting in loss of all your email, or someone can hack your own computer and then when you login to your maximum security service it's not you but an attacker that is logged in as you from your machine.
And finally, your email correspondence with other people cannot be more secure than what their email services provide.
Maybe you are right . Secure is a relative concept, and there is no such thing as absolute secure.
Old 2 May 2024, 04:19 PM   #9
tdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
"fully encrypted end-to-end services" applies only to messages between users of the same service.
It's not possible for everyone to use the same provider.
Old 2 May 2024, 04:20 PM   #10
tdf

@Bamb0
Thank you.
Old 2 May 2024, 04:24 PM   #11
tdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojyx View Post
As far as I know, email is not safe because it was built decades ago, when security was not a feature.
I think so . The internet is also not secure enough .
Old 3 May 2024, 07:34 AM   #12
Bamb0
Master of the @

Well they are trying to scare people into thinking its more of a threat than it is....

Its sad alot bought the BS,its apparent by how many sites are now forcing SSL when they have no reason to do so!!!! (The powers that be CAN STILL see everything) All it does really is block older browsrs from connecting directy to websites!!

Its a false sense of security.....

Last edited by Bamb0 : 4 May 2024 at 02:25 PM.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 08:24 AM   #13
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
CounterMail is the best secure email on this earth. See their site:
https://countermail.com/
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 08:52 AM   #14
tdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
OK , I'll try it .
Old 4 May 2024, 09:17 AM   #15
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
Personally, I wouldn't trust a service that shows a 2021 copyright date on their website that looks like it is from 1991.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote