EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 May 2017, 06:18 AM   #1
odedp
Master of the @

which folder?

Say I have a rule which tests the message's subjest and if it equals to "test 123" it files the message in "my tests" folder.
Now, if a message with the subject "test 123" is detected as spam by Fastmail's filters, what will happen?
Will it be filed in "spam" folder because it's spam, or will it be filed im "my tests" folder because my filter sent it there?
odedp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23 May 2017, 07:10 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

By default, the spam filtering is done before any File into Folder rules are processed. Messages moved to the Spam folder by spam filtering are not processed further. Where this is not what you want, you need to use custom sieve that executes before spam filtering .
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2017, 07:12 AM   #3
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

I think if you check in the advanced sieve rules, you should see the order in which the sieve commands are executed.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2017, 01:10 PM   #4
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
By default, the spam filtering is done before any File into Folder rules are processed. Messages moved to the Spam folder by spam filtering are not processed further. Where this is not what you want, you need to use custom sieve that executes before spam filtering .
Thank you BritTim
Old 24 May 2017, 01:11 PM   #5
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenweed View Post
I think if you check in the advanced sieve rules, you should see the order in which the sieve commands are executed.
Thank you gardenweed
Old 25 May 2017, 04:56 AM   #6
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Note that if you want your file-into rules to be processed before any spam filtering rules, you can set them up manually in your advanced Sieve rules (found under the "Edit Custom Sieve Code" link in the bottom-left corner of the Rules screen).

If you're not comfortable crafting Sieve rules by hand, you can simply find the rule generated by the basic rules interface — it should be in the fourth greyed out section, under the heading "7. Sieve generated for organise rules") and just copy and paste it into the first editable block at the top, above the Spam filtering rules, and immediately below the "require" section.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2017, 05:29 AM   #7
odedp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington View Post
Note that if you want your file-into rules to be processed before any spam filtering rules, you can set them up manually in your advanced Sieve rules (found under the "Edit Custom Sieve Code" link in the bottom-left corner of the Rules screen).

If you're not comfortable crafting Sieve rules by hand, you can simply find the rule generated by the basic rules interface — it should be in the fourth greyed out section, under the heading "7. Sieve generated for organise rules") and just copy and paste it into the first editable block at the top, above the Spam filtering rules, and immediately below the "require" section.
Thank you jhollington