EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 25 Nov 2019, 08:38 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
How to manage many email addresses effectively

I have got 100+ different email addresses on different providers.
Everyday I was painful to login into and check for those mailboxes.
What's the effective way to manage so many email accounts?

Regards
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Nov 2019, 09:16 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Forward all of them to Gmail and use labels to sort out where they are coming from.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2019, 09:17 PM   #3
emoore
Essential Contributor

One possible solution would be to use the Thunderbird email client and configure it to use a single shared account ("Local Folders") for all of your mailboxes. All of your new mail would show up in the same Inbox folder, a copy of all of your sent mail would be in the same Sent folder etc. You could still send/receive mail for all of the mailbox's email addresses but you would only have to configure settings for one account (the shared account), making it easier to manage.

There is no limit to how many email addresses/mailboxes you can do this with in Thunderbird. You can configure the folder listing to add a column that identifies what mailbox the message was sent to.

If you wanted to do this you would add a POP account for each mailbox and then reconfigure each to use a "global inbox". That would hide each account folders and have it share the folders in "Local Folders" (a special account meant for sharing mail from multiple accounts). See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox for details.

Alternatively if you prefer webmail you might be able to configure it to automatically fetch new mail from other addresses and to use any of those email addresses when sending. The problem is that many restrict how many aliases/mailboxes you can add. Outlook.com supposedly only supports 10 aliases for example.
https://www.lifewire.com/create-alia...utlook-1170647
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2019, 02:21 AM   #4
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

I use also Thunderbird (on win 8.1). A great free piece of emailclient software that i have been using for over 12 years now! Before that I used pocco mail and Eudora. I sometimes use mailbird,but i realy do not like that one.

But then again I only use 7 email addresses on a daily basis. I hardly use webmail.

For a "quicky" I just send them from my Android Phone using the Yandex and/or Aquamail and the mail application from mail.ru. Seldomly i also use the inhouse email app from Gmail itself which comes preinstalled on every android phone.

Of late i catch myself on using also Whatsapp (!) for sending documents to other people...2-3 years ago I would never have done this...but more and more people do NOT seem to have an email address...and ONLY use whatsapp, especialy youngsters.

On PC/Laptop I use bitwarden for all my passwords...also on Android...which is a superb little (free) password managing software! Highly recommended by me:-) IMHO way better then Last Pass.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2019, 09:09 AM   #5
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoore View Post
One possible solution would be to use the Thunderbird email client and configure it to use a single shared account ("Local Folders") for all of your mailboxes. All of your new mail would show up in the same Inbox folder, a copy of all of your sent mail would be in the same Sent folder etc. You could still send/receive mail for all of the mailbox's email addresses but you would only have to configure settings for one account (the shared account), making it easier to manage.

There is no limit to how many email addresses/mailboxes you can do this with in Thunderbird. You can configure the folder listing to add a column that identifies what mailbox the message was sent to.

If you wanted to do this you would add a POP account for each mailbox and then reconfigure each to use a "global inbox". That would hide each account folders and have it share the folders in "Local Folders" (a special account meant for sharing mail from multiple accounts). See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Global_Inbox for details.

Alternatively if you prefer webmail you might be able to configure it to automatically fetch new mail from other addresses and to use any of those email addresses when sending. The problem is that many restrict how many aliases/mailboxes you can add. Outlook.com supposedly only supports 10 aliases for example.
https://www.lifewire.com/create-alia...utlook-1170647
Thank you. I will try the thunderbird solution.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 09:10 AM   #6
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
On PC/Laptop I use bitwarden for all my passwords...also on Android...which is a superb little (free) password managing software! Highly recommended by me:-) IMHO way better then Last Pass.

Dutchie.
Thank you. yes password management is also an issue when you have too many accounts.
I will give a check on bitwarden.
Old 7 Jan 2022, 01:28 AM   #7
Kostia

Update - what are you using now?

hello,

i'm a new member here and happened to read your (old) post.

Your experience seemed very similar to mine...Eudora>>Thunderbird>>Mailbird. I think your order was different.

Two questions:

1.) what did you LIKE about Thunderbird vs Mailbird? Asking because my experience was the opposite. Thunderbird seemed too clunky and slow. However, I use it in POP mode.

2.) Have you settled on something different now? If so, what is it?

Thank you in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
I use also Thunderbird (on win 8.1). A great free piece of emailclient software that i have been using for over 12 years now! Before that I used pocco mail and Eudora. I sometimes use mailbird,but i realy do not like that one.

But then again I only use 7 email addresses on a daily basis. I hardly use webmail.

For a "quicky" I just send them from my Android Phone using the Yandex and/or Aquamail and the mail application from mail.ru. Seldomly i also use the inhouse email app from Gmail itself which comes preinstalled on every android phone.

Of late i catch myself on using also Whatsapp (!) for sending documents to other people...2-3 years ago I would never have done this...but more and more people do NOT seem to have an email address...and ONLY use whatsapp, especialy youngsters.

Dutchie.
Kostia is offline   Reply With Quote