EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Nov 2013, 10:10 PM   #1
MagicDavid

Please restore 'Detach attached messages' or provide a easy switch to old interface

Hi all

The new interface missed out a key feature from the old interface which I've mentioned before.

The 'detach message' option - where if you forward yourself a message from, say your work email, you could detach the message into your inbox and file or respond accordingly.

This option wouldn't require any clutter in the interface. It would just need to appear when a .eml is attached to an email to accompany the 'download' and 'view' options. So you'd have a 'detach' or 'save message' option too. I know Fastmail already has the attachment type detection code as it displays different attachments in different ways.

If this really isn't possible, then please can we have a really simple way of temporarily switching to the old interface without having to log out, log in to the old interface, log out again then log back in to the new one. It's driving me crazy. I have to use this feature about five or six times a day.

Would be interested to know if this is an issue for others, or whether it's just me.

Many thanks

David
MagicDavid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Nov 2013, 10:16 PM   #2
lane
Cornerstone of the Community

The long-term solution is, of course, for Fastmail to satisfy your request.

As a short-term workaround, I have one browser set to Fastmail in classic mode and another set to the new interface.
lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDavid View Post
The new interface missed out a key feature from the old interface which I've mentioned before.
David, we are left alone.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2013, 11:47 PM   #4
cyberpear

+1 I'd love to have this functionality, too!
cyberpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2013, 03:58 PM   #5
carra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
+1 for this useful feature!
carra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2013, 07:35 AM   #6
MagicDavid

I've found where it should go!

Hi all

Thanks for your support on this. There's a totally obvious place for this option to go that I've just discovered if you 'check' the box next to an attachment:

http://s22.postimg.org/br3sxaq2p/Detach_Can_Go_Here.gif

Please Fastmail, I see you have intergrated DropBox and built new functionality for that. This is EXISTING functionality you have already developed on the old interface that would help a number of paying members if you could add it discretely to the new interface.

Many thanks

David
Old 3 Dec 2013, 03:18 PM   #7
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

What you suggest is about saving an attachment to a filestore, which you can do with the new and old interfaces. That's not the same as detaching a message, which means ...well.... detaching an attached message and placing it in the inbox , in the same way as a new message would be handled.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2013, 04:16 PM   #8
cyberpear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
What you suggest is about saving an attachment to a filestore, which you can do with the new and old interfaces. That's not the same as detaching a message, which means ...well.... detaching an attached message and placing it in the inbox , in the same way as a new message would be handled.
I think what MagicDavid meant was that it would be a good place on the UI for the already-existing functionality to be made available in the new interface.
cyberpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2013, 05:42 PM   #9
MagicDavid

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpear View Post
I think what MagicDavid meant was that it would be a good place on the UI for the already-existing functionality to be made available in the new interface.
Thanks both. This is exactly what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear.