EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 23 Dec 2009, 12:54 PM   #16
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

"Nearly impossible" was my way of saying "not a very efficient way when you own a domain with endless possibilities of email addresses". (Why didn't you know that?!)

This is why I need to use FM's web interface or Thunderbird/Postbox with Virtual Identity add-on. The iPhone supports multiple personalities through hacks too, but certainly not easily and certainly not on the fly..
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2009, 12:26 AM   #17
sterdeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Blackberry (over BIS) definitely supports IMAP (although not "fully" as you asked) and IMAP IDLE. I've used Fastmail on my BB for a few years now. Some things worthy of mentioning:

- Establishing personalities (alternate FROM addresses) is nearly impossible.
- Blackberrys only sync one way (deleting emails on FM won't delete emails on BB).
- Poor HTML-email support (rendering is pretty horrible, at least on my 320x240 device).
- IMAP support is really only for INBOX. Can't move emails to other IMAP folders, can't view messages in other folders, etc.

Basically it's good for "keeping up" on emails, not so good for being a total email solution. (Even the iPhone is better IMO.)
With regards to your second point, I've also noticed that when deleting an email on my BB and selecting "Delete - On Mailbox & Handheld" it only deletes it from my handheld and not from the inbox on fastmail.
sterdeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jan 2010, 05:00 AM   #18
sterdeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterdeus View Post
With regards to your second point, I've also noticed that when deleting an email on my BB and selecting "Delete - On Mailbox & Handheld" it only deletes it from my handheld and not from the inbox on fastmail.
Let me retract that. It does appear to work. Possibly only before the message is marked read and/or I may have needed to reconcile the emails..
sterdeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2010, 03:11 AM   #19
RickNY

Blackberry as others reported -- supports IDLE for Inbox..

The Palm Pre is supposed to support IDLE -- but it is currently broken as of the latest OS update (1.3.5). When it WAS working, it was working great.
RickNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jan 2010, 11:04 AM   #20
jgoldberg

Happy with iPhone, except ...

I've been happy with the Mail client on the iPhone for IMAP. As others have noted, it doesn't Push over IMAP, but I'm happy with not draining my battery that fast.

My biggest problem with it is that it doesn't know how to message/rfc822 attachments. It's not a show stopper for me, but it is a serious annoyance.
jgoldberg is offline   Reply With Quote