EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Mar 2014, 03:43 PM   #1
goky

Red face another Fastmail / Operamail account question

Awhile back I had a question, and the answer I received from support turned out to be at odds with reality: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=67587

I'm hoping this is another case of that:

My question: Will my Lite account turn into a Guest account?

I have a pay account that is expiring (actually I hadn't logged in for quite some time, and it just expired) and The quantity of mail (5.3M) is less than a guest account, so if it just morphs into one that would be fine. I will try to get around to migrating the advertisements and such that still come to it to someplace else at my convenience. If it is just going to go poof, I have to hurry.

When I asked that of support I was told: "Sorry but we no longer offer the "Guest" service level"... Since I have several "Guest" accounts, I can figure that is not exactly accurate...

And the support response on my earlier deactivation question (above) made reference to "Its 45 days for "Guest" accounts and "120" days for the one time paid accounts." So, that kind of implied that "one time paid accounts" can indeed go on as something else, maybe, kinda?

So, as before, if someone from Fastmail could give me a solid answer (one I liked would be nice, but not a requirement) I'd appreciate it.
goky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Mar 2014, 03:57 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by goky View Post
Awhile back I had a question, and the answer I received from support turned out to be at odds with reality: http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=67587

I'm hoping this is another case of that:

My question: Will my Lite account turn into a Guest account?

I have a pay account that is expiring (actually I hadn't logged in for quite some time, and it just expired) and The quantity of mail (5.3M) is less than a guest account, so if it just morphs into one that would be fine. I will try to get around to migrating the advertisements and such that still come to it to someplace else at my convenience. If it is just going to go poof, I have to hurry.

When I asked that of support I was told: "Sorry but we no longer offer the "Guest" service level"... Since I have several "Guest" accounts, I can figure that is not exactly accurate...

And the support response on my earlier deactivation question (above) made reference to "Its 45 days for "Guest" accounts and "120" days for the one time paid accounts." So, that kind of implied that "one time paid accounts" can indeed go on as something else, maybe, kinda?

So, as before, if someone from Fastmail could give me a solid answer (one I liked would be nice, but not a requirement) I'd appreciate it.
There is no longer support for new guest accounts. Similarly, the old policy where paid accounts would fall back to guest accounts if one stopped paying has been discontinued. Existing guest accounts have been allowed to remain.

When you stop paying, your paid account will be gone. Personally, I would pay for a bit longer, but migrate usage elsewhere. For me, the convenience of doing that outweighs the cost. It can be difficult to ensure all correspondents have been informed of (and noted) the change without a reasonably long transition period.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2014, 05:15 PM   #3
goky

Unhappy I was afraid of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
There is no longer support for new guest accounts. Similarly, the old policy where paid accounts would fall back to guest accounts if one stopped paying has been discontinued. Existing guest accounts have been allowed to remain.

When you stop paying, your paid account will be gone. Personally, I would pay for a bit longer, but migrate usage elsewhere. For me, the convenience of doing that outweighs the cost. It can be difficult to ensure all correspondents have been informed of (and noted) the change without a reasonably long transition period.
I suspected that might be the case...

re "pay for a bit longer" That would likely be the smart choice, it is only $10, but on the other hand I think the most important thing that comes to that box is Costco and REI adds. Though I might have missed something...

Thanks for the reply.
goky is offline   Reply With Quote