EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 4 Jun 2011, 08:53 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Did anyone see the film K-Pax or read the book?

I write articles for my website about songs and bands I love, it is a hobby but I take it serious enough that I'd call it a passion. I've been listening over and over to the song "K-Pax" by Italian darkwave band Kirlian Camera, but find it hard to decipher the exact meaning of the song. The lyrics seem to describe a contrast between an ideal place with a loved one by your side, and a more gloomy reality where every spark has gone. That is the best interpretation I can think of, but the fact the song is named after a book/film indicates there may be a reference with that book and/or film. Problem: I never saw the film!

I did some browsing and according to Wikipedia it is about a different (imaginary) planet called K-Pax where society lives in a sort of Utopian way, with little to no criminality and xenophobia, people living in perfect harmony, no rat race, people striving towards a common goal of an ideal society, ... So the K-Paxian society is like a cyber-space utopia if I may believe wikipedia. But then, this is wikipedia

Did anyone see the film or read the book, and can he/she briefly summarise what it is about? I rather believe someone who read the book or saw the film instead of dogmatically believing what is written on Wikipedia.

PS: Songmeanings.net, where people discuss the lyrics of songs and their meaning, has the song but nobody replied to it yet. Guess I'll be the first one to do so once I figured out what this K-Pax book/film is about.

PS II: out of principle I never download films, I also don't exactly trust the safety of sites offering piracy downloads of films. I would like to read the book, but being an expat in a country whose language I still don't speak fluently... I'd need to find a book store having the book in English, and I'm not too confident that'll be an easy one to find.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote