EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 30 Nov 2019, 11:01 AM   #1
adam1991

Email to Charter (Spectrum) bouncing?

Suddenly I can't send email to someone on Road Runner, which is Charter/Spectrum. I get "address failed," with this:

host pkvw-mx.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net [47.43.26.7]
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
554 p-impin001.msg.pkvw.co.charter.net cmsmtp 91.220.196.211 blocked AUP#CMBL

I've opened a ticket. Anyone? Any thoughts?
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:47 AM   #2
Bamb0
Master of the @

They have been having alot of problems.........

My friends email acct was deleted and he spent hours on the phone trying to get it restored and last week I got bounce backs from trying to email him and another friend

"Message could not be delivered.... Host would not talk to me"

Spectrum is probably the worst company ever! (Alot of people do not like them)

Last edited by Bamb0 : 4 Dec 2019 at 12:56 AM.
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Dec 2019, 03:30 AM   #3
TenFour
Cornerstone of the Community

Do RoadRunner addresses still work at all? My father had one and was told it was being ended a few years back and he had to switch to some other address I seem to remember. This thread on Spectrum might help to explain the situation.

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t...wc/td-p/156106

Here is a section from the thread:

Quote:
Spectrum provides legacy TWC email as a courtesy feature to those who have been on those accounts for about the last fifteen years. However, Spectrum no longer updates TWC Roadrunner with new security features or updates. Server responses, such as the issues described above with RoadRunner email bounce back are common because of the age of the Road Runner technology.

To provide more reliable email, we would recommend switching to a free web-mail account such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com. Because webmail is browser-based, get yourself an ad-blocker to get rid of ads. I recommend Ad Block Plus for each web browser, Use only one ad blocker per browser as more than one will conflict.

Webmail such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com will be accessible to you anywhere in the word with an Internet connection. You can log in through any PC or mobile device. Webmail will always be up-to-date, and offered to you for the rest of your life. Just log in from time to time to keep your account active. A search for email topics on our forums find that many other users recommend the same thing.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Dec 2019, 01:30 PM   #4
adam1991

Yes, they do. Interestingly enough, while my email to the Road Runner account bounces, the RR email to me happily comes through,.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote