EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Oct 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
adwade

Question Loading...(No access to email)

Whenever I try to login now, all I ever get is a screen saying...

It NEVER gets past that. Is there any OTHER way to access my email via the web?

Gone is the LINK to click here if things do not continue.

Using MS-IE 8.0.6001.18702CO, which is what our corporate I/T has installed and we are not allowed to update.
adwade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Oct 2012, 09:56 PM   #2
adwade

Thumbs up

I just solved the issue, for me anyway...

The problem is at the login page you have to select Log into another account.

Once I did that and re-logged in BUT instead after filling in my email & pw I clicked on the More link below such. Then I picked Use classic interface and managed to get back on again. I even saw the Click here if you are not redirected link as well.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 10:29 PM   #3
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Are you completely unable to log into the new interface? It should only say loading for a few seconds and then be fine. I'm pretty sure QA tests with IE8 all the time.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2012, 11:14 PM   #4
adwade

Until I performed the steps in my self-reply above, no I could not login. It would ONLY show a continual screen saying Loading.

I tried multiple time, using shortcuts, direct logins, etc. Nothing would work, all I ever saw was Loading.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 12:14 AM   #5
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
OK - this thread has been filed to QA to debug with IE and find the underlying cause. Apologies.

I'm glad you can still access the classic interface. Please keep using that for now.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 01:34 AM   #6
adwade

Just FYI, my dad (now 82yr old) called me here at work saying he couldn't logon either. He's running a Mac Mini w/Leopard and FireFox v3. He said the Loading message comes up, but it never goes any further.

When I get off work, I'll run by his place to see if I can fix him back up as I did for myself here at work.(as done in post #2 above)
Old 31 Oct 2012, 01:37 AM   #7
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Yeah, Firefox 3 is pretty ancient. We should probably detect it and force HTML mode like we do with IE6. Bug filed.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 01:40 AM   #8
tobiasdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
Yeah, Firefox 3 is pretty ancient. We should probably detect it and force HTML mode like we do with IE6. Bug filed.
I don't know, I used 3.6 until mere months ago and it seemed to render most if not all modern websites functionally. An update was released as late as January this year it seems. It's not like its IE5 or something. Discontinued sure, but would not call it ancient.
tobiasdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2012, 04:50 AM   #9
adwade

Just another FYI, I got my dad's mac logging in alright now and then...

...came on home to try my own Mac Mini. It's running Mac OS/X v10.7.4 and FireFox v15.0.1 and I got the very same Loading message w/o ever going on to anything else. It just sticks there with that screen.

Luckily, now that I figured out you have to try and log in a 2nd time and then choose the Classic interface (i.e. via clicking More), I got things fixed up here at home as well.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 05:14 AM   #10
lorry

Check that your Cookies are Enabled in Firefox (under Preferences). This is another new and unannounced change to fastmail
lorry is offline   Reply With Quote