EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 9 May 2009, 08:34 PM   #1
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

The Best Email Hosting Solution

This thread was discussed previously but now with the passage of time what do you folks recomend as the best email host for my domain.
I do not mind to pay about $50 a year .
I have tried Google Apps but the labels,privacy and the distracting advertisements put me off.I even tested the Premier service but was not happy with it.
How is Yahoo Small Business Custom Mailbox with unlimited storage for $34.95 a year.Anybody using this service could advise me.
I tried out Tuffmail but the setting and interface are too cumbersome and that put me off
At present I have hosted my domain with a enhanced account with Fastmail.Service is good but I do not like the new interface at all.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
What I need is a email host to host my domain .I would be needing a single email address only
It has to be robust very reliable with good support and plenty of storage.
Awaiting your replies
zaaz777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 May 2009, 10:31 PM   #2
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Yahoo Small Business is not bad, though I heard few people are using it.
You may try also LuxSci.net, which looks good. And how about webmail.us?
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2009, 11:49 PM   #3
David
Ultimate Contributor

If you are looking for plain basic (reliable) email for your domain (with extensive storage) I would recommend EuMX. It's the best value for the price imo.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 10:44 PM   #4
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

I have shortlisted the following:-
1} Fastmail Enhanced{which I am using at the moment but want to change because the new interface is not to my liking and I cannot be bothered using css style sheets etc}
2} Luxsci ,I believe the service is good but it is a little expensive at about $10 a month with only 2GB storage.
Any Luxsci users who can advise and let me know theie views and experiences
3} Google Apps Premier,I believe it does not have any adds in the interface and comes with 25GB storage for $50 a year.
I had tried the ordinary Google Apps but found the Adds too disturbing
Dear users what are your comments?
4} Runbox I am also considering at $49.95 per year i am testing a trial version ,how is it for email hosting compared to Fastmail,Luxsci and Google Apps
Awaiting your views and recomendations
Old 11 May 2009, 10:59 PM   #5
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If you are looking for plain basic (reliable) email for your domain (with extensive storage) I would recommend EuMX. It's the best value for the price imo.
Agreed. It is my main account as well. And don't get confused by their website. You get 10GB storage/ 16.95$/year plan not 5GB as stated at their website. For some reason they are really slow in updating their main page, but the service is reliable and fast.

Last edited by soromak : 11 May 2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Add more info
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2009, 11:41 PM   #6
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

Thanks! I will consider EUMX also. Awaiting further recomendations ,views and suggestions
Old 12 May 2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
Agreed. It is my main account as well.
Mine too. Great advantage for me is that you can use your 10 GB for both mail and files (only via the OWM interface). It's not divided as in FM or Runbox.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 03:23 PM   #8
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

Thanks that is bringing me closer to consider EUMX it is a pity they do not have a trial account meanwhile further suggestions and recomendations are eagerly awaited by me
Old 12 May 2009, 06:17 PM   #9
chs

- Luxsci :
Very good.
Support is excelent.
Very secure ...

- Google Apps Premier
good too.
I am using google app Premier with postini and i haven't any problem.
Support is answering in 1 day.
Google is a very big company and the quality of the answer are not always good but this is correct.

I am trying Zimbra at 01.com since several months and the support is excellent too.
chs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 08:03 PM   #10
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Zenbe has just announced their business accounts. BTW, I have no experience with this service myself.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2009, 09:59 PM   #11
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

Zenbe For Business has just been released I visited their website which has a lot of information aStandard Package cost is &8.99 per user per month with 10 GB storage a lots of features, the Premium package is $3 more per month.
.With so many good providers it is very confusing .A few nore suggestions and comments from you good folks at EMD will help me to go with the right provider for my needs
Old 13 May 2009, 05:12 AM   #12
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaaz777 View Post
3} Google Apps Premier,I believe it does not have any adds in the interface and comes with 25GB storage for $50 a year.
I had tried the ordinary Google Apps but found the Adds too disturbing
Dear users what are your comments?
I use Google Apps (not the premier version) for three of my domains and not only do I not find the ads disturbing, sometimes they are helpful. With the premium version, you can turn the ads off.

As you have no doubt figured out by now, there is no perfect solution. You have to decide what qualities are most important to you for your hosting and make the best available choice for yourself.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2009, 12:04 AM   #13
zaaz777
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMRocks View Post
I use Google Apps (not the premier version) for three of my domains and not only do I not find the ads disturbing, sometimes they are helpful. With the premium version, you can turn the ads off.

As you have no doubt figured out by now, there is no perfect solution. You have to decide what qualities are most important to you for your hosting and make the best available choice for yourself.
Please can you tell me how to turn the ads off
Old 26 Jun 2009, 02:48 AM   #14
malcontent
Essential Contributor

I use Google apps for my domain mail. While using FireFox with an ad-block add-on, I see no adds in Google mail or Google apps mail at all. I turned off "Web Clips" also, now I'm 100% ad free.

Last edited by malcontent : 26 Jun 2009 at 08:02 AM.
malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2009, 03:07 AM   #15
botolo

I just had the same problem - deciding which provider to choose for my business email.

And I have just chosen Fastmail because they seem very reliable, they have good communication skills (EuMx for example has a very old web page with wrong offers, their forum is like the desert...) and I like all the features you get (IMAP migration, aliases, personalities, purging of messages, etc).

So far so good
botolo is offline   Reply With Quote