EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 17 Dec 2019, 09:39 AM   #1
alistair234

Account pool - Refund

hi, I've got $208.27 sitting in my account pool, my subscription should be renewed for next 3 years on 30th Dec later this month. if I wanted to cancel my account, will they give me the money in my account pool back?

thanks in advance
alistair234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Dec 2019, 10:48 AM   #2
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Not usually,
from F/m, we do not offer a refund for unused subscriptions. We highly recommend that you use your free trial to make sure Fastmail is right for you!

Perhaps give it to another fastmail user or someone who is thinking of signing up.

Last edited by Terry : 17 Dec 2019 at 02:46 PM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2019, 05:04 PM   #3
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
from F/m, we do not offer a refund for unused subscriptions. We highly recommend that you use your free trial to make sure Fastmail is right for you!
That sounds like if you cancel an account you have already paid for, you won't get a prorated refund, but it's not clear it applies to funds sitting in an account pool which have yet to be used on a subscription.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2019, 07:16 PM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

From fastmails Terms & Conditions.
8. Refunds

FastMail may choose to make a refund of prepaid fees for the Services at its sole discretion, however FastMail shall have no obligation to refund any portion of any fees in the event that you wish to discontinue use of all or part of the Service, or in the event that your access is terminated by FastMail as a result of you failing to comply with these Terms.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2019, 03:57 AM   #5
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

So FastMail may indeed refund the OP's funds. Based on old threads in the forum, I get the impression FastMail would probably refund the money. The OP needs to contact FastMail support.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Dec 2019, 10:59 PM   #6
DarioMor
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair234 View Post
hi, I've got $208.27 sitting in my account pool, my subscription should be renewed for next 3 years on 30th Dec later this month. if I wanted to cancel my account, will they give me the money in my account pool back?
You can transfer the pool amount to other account, asking support to make the transfer to you.

You can ask to transfer an specific amount also (only part of your pool).

At old times there was an automatic way to make it by yourself.
DarioMor is offline   Reply With Quote