EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:18 PM   #1
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Question Should i upgrade 2 member?

Hey,

Ive been checking out my fastmail guest account and might switch over from Yahoo!, but I dont know if I should upgrade, I just need the member account so i can get the username I want (its 6 letters long), storage isnt an issue. Are internet is slow so need a fast email provider. But Im 100% not aloud to use my parents credit card, and I dont want to risk sending cash to austrailia. So I dont know what I should do. Should I risk sending money? Is it worth it? Thanks,

--
Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:24 PM   #2
ReuvenNY

Why don't you ask a friend, neighbor etc. to use their credit card and give them the cash? Alternately you can get cashiers check (money order) and mail it to FM.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:35 PM   #3
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

No one I know has a pay email address. Ive sent money orders before and they have been lost in the mail. Its was a 40$ money order for ebay. So Im just nervous about sending money.

--
Spin
Old 20 Mar 2005, 01:40 PM   #4
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

Sending cash or a money order in the mail is always taking the risk of it being lost.
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:45 PM   #5
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

well for the amount of time you have been around I thought at least you would be enhanced by now, it would have to be 3 years or more ?
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 03:22 PM   #6
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Spin,

Do you have a PayPal account? Fastmail accepts PayPal money with an extra $2 processing fee.

If you don't have a PayPal account, it's easy to get one for free, and if you have a bank account, you can easily transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 09:47 PM   #7
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I have a savings bank account. I dont think that would work though.

--
Spin
Old 20 Mar 2005, 09:50 PM   #8
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

You can set paypal up to take the money right out of your savings account. It's easy to set it up.
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:11 PM   #9
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Whats the Routing number? Since I dont use checks I dont know where I would find it, i just have a Withdraw card to use at ATMS, and deposit/withdraw slips, and I have the account number.

--
Spin
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:27 PM   #10
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I added the account, now i need to confirm it.

--
Spin
Old 21 Mar 2005, 02:32 AM   #11
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

And it takes 2-3 days for it to confirm. looks like I wont get to upgrade till tuesday or wednesday.

--
spin
Old 21 Mar 2005, 04:59 AM   #12
JeffK

Let us know how you get on. Maybe I can help somehow?

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2005, 05:42 PM   #13
The Storm
Essential Contributor

If your 18, get a credit card But make sure to set a low limit. Tho I didn't get a credit card until just this year it tends to make things easier (tho now paypal is in aussieland, I may use that instead)
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2005, 01:10 AM   #14
Chipper
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by The Storm
If your 18, get a credit card But make sure to set a low limit. Tho I didn't get a credit card until just this year it tends to make things easier (tho now paypal is in aussieland, I may use that instead)
A credit card is great (provided you don't rack up a large balance):
* Quick source of funds in an emergency. (Like the day my car broke down and needed a couple hundred dollars in repairs.)
* If you have a problem with a vendor (bad service, defective product, etc), you can often contest the charges. Then the vendor has to justify the charges.
* Certain types of transactions usually only allow credit cards. (e.g. renting a car)
* The credit card company cannot charge you for a service that ultimately is not rendered. Example: If you pay for an airline ticket with cash and the airline goes bankrupt before the flight, you are out of luck. However, if you pay with cc, the cc company is out of luck and they have to refund the charge because the service ultimately was not rendered.

DISCLAIMER: The laws regarding credit cards may vary from state to state and country to country. You probably want to verify the above statements to see how they apply in your situation.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2005, 04:06 AM   #15
Sherry

Quote:
Originally posted by The Storm
If your 18, get a credit card But make sure to set a low limit.
That doesn't do any good with my Master Card (unless things have changed). A long time ago I called and asked for a "low" limit so nothing could be charged beyond that limit. They said, if I (or someone) charges something and they put it through without first checking the limits, the charge would go through. I'd still be responsible for the charge "and" an additional charge for going over my limit (unless I can show I didn't make the charge). I thought it would stop even me from going over but it wouldn't...

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote