EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 May 2008, 11:35 AM   #1
mamahita

How long personal and priority support is responded?

Dear All,

From experiences, how long personal and priority support question is responded?

Please advise.
mamahita is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 May 2008, 11:50 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I can't tell you a fixed time, since I have seen a wide range depending on the load and who is on vacation.

You will normally get a fast answer on this forum for regular usage questions. If you have a billing or similar problem you need to fill out a Support Request form (support link in the upper right of the login page, then the first link on the support page).

I have usually gotten answers within a few hours, but your experience may be different.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2008, 12:41 PM   #3
mamahita

My colleage (she told me that she has enhanced account) posted support question for almost 3 days and has not been responded. If that is true, i wonder what does priority support mean?

I quite afraid if someday i registered and have to post to forum if i need fast answer. No offense. I hope they can post range of response time (for example: priority means 1-2 days, personal means 2-4 days). A little bit clear then.

They also can propose for platinum support which handle responses in max 4 hours and charge for gigantic price.

Any opinion?
Old 3 May 2008, 12:47 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Where did she post her question? In this forum? Or did she file a support request to Fastmail? Not an email ... a support request form?

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2008, 12:54 PM   #5
mamahita

I don't know exactly. I will see her again on monday. But, she said that she already followed correct procedure according to the FAQs. Like sending emails or post in support form.

It's a pity since last week, she promoted fastmail.fm to all of us (10 people in this office), hoping for referral bonus

Anyway, i hope this is clear. Since 8 of us is willing to register.
Old 3 May 2008, 03:13 PM   #6
robmueller
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Fastmail.FM
3 days definitely sounds too long.

Can you get her to email me directly at robm@fastmail.fm with details, I'll check out what's going on.

Rob
robmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2008, 05:10 PM   #7
mamahita

Rob,

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmueller View Post
3 days definitely sounds too long.

Can you get her to email me directly at robm@fastmail.fm with details, I'll check out what's going on.

Rob
Thank you for your attentions.

I will tell her to send email to you, regarding this problem.

But, in general, since we (8 of us) will register for enhanced account, we really need to know how long the respond time of priority support. So, we don't have to always send mail to you. And, so we can measure solving time of our future problem.

It would be nice it you add little description of what prority support is.

For us, who amazed with fastmail, case like this can be understood. But, we don't want it happened to someone else whose less patient.

Thanks.
Old 4 May 2008, 02:44 AM   #8
nricciardi

And requested support yesterday. 24 hours latter, nothing came back.

Support at fastmail is really VERY VERY bad..
nricciardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2008, 04:03 AM   #9
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nricciardi View Post
Support at fastmail is really VERY VERY bad..
Rob posted some time back that he was working on a new support system. I noticed the new look to the support form awhile back and from the looks of it he has finished it and they are testing it out now? That new ticketing system should help a lot with keeping track of and responding to support requests.

Support Form

Sherry

Edit: Added link to support form

Last edited by Sherry : 4 May 2008 at 04:12 AM.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2008, 04:28 AM   #10
nricciardi

Sherry

I believe this is not about the form. I, for one, couldn't care less about forms.

It's all about the time it takes for us to get a reply.

I use many service providers that provide support by email.

In fact, I prefer email. I use email even with the provider that have live support.

And most of them reply in a matter of hours. In some case minutes.

Fastmail takes days and days. That's what this is all about.

At least from my perspective.

Sorry for the rant.
nricciardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2008, 04:36 AM   #11
bvaliron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
Rob posted some time back that he was working on a new support system. I noticed the new look to the support form awhile back and from the looks of it he has finished it and they are testing it out now?
There is still this awkward statement on the "support form" page:

Quote:
...however we may not respond if we feel the information is clearly available in the above links.
Suppose a user is asking through the support system a question whose answer is deemed "clearly available from the above links". He will then not get any answer. However, from his point of view, his message did get lost, and he will assume the service is bad. This does not sound to me like good publicity... Maybe an email kindly redirecting the user to the forum would be better?

-- Benoit.
bvaliron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2008, 04:41 AM   #12
bvaliron

Out of curiosity, do you know what is the average number of requests for support per day ?

-- Benoit.
bvaliron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2008, 04:50 AM   #13
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nricciardi View Post
Sherry

I believe this is not about the form. I, for one, couldn't care less about forms.
The link to the support form was to show, what I think, is the new support system Rob has been working on, and may be in place now? The link to Robs post mentions:
<snip> "that will allow multiple support people to work sanely at once"<snip>
I got the impression that "multiple support people" means more responses to support request will take place in a "faster" response than in the past?

And, of course, all support should start with the support form.

Sherry
Old 4 May 2008, 05:13 AM   #14
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvaliron View Post
There is still this awkward statement on the "support form" page:
I think, as a Full account holder, sending in a support request then not hearing anything back at all would upset me also. I think any response at all would be better than nothing. Personally I have always received a very quick response from support so I probably shouldn't say one way or the other how I would feel but, if it did happen, I think I woud just come to the forums and ask for help, and probably get it.

Sherry
Old 4 May 2008, 09:31 AM   #15
astrodog73

I must say that the few times I have had to submit a support request - I had responses within 24hr with problems fixed straight away.
I have two enhanced accounts - which is only US$80pa - I don't feel this amount of money specifically entitles me to service within minutes though!
astrodog73 is offline   Reply With Quote