EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 Apr 2014, 01:30 AM   #1
rockman

Lightbulb Mail1Click

https://www.mail1click.com/

Gets 100% in all test on http://checktls.com/

I have a few accounts is it works as described. A level of trust is required, since they encrypt and store your private key on their servers by design.

From the website:
If your internet traffic is being intercepted, only you and the recipient can read the message and the attached files.

You can access your mailbox by web or using our software client available for smart-phones, tablets and personal computers.
You can attach files enjoying the same encryption, the only limitation is the space available in your mailbox.

The service is FREE up to 25 megabytes of space, you can add up to 10 gigabytes at anytime by subscribing to our premium service for only 34.95$ (1 GB) or 49.98$ (10GB) per year.

Rsa Keys

Mail1click generates a 4096 bit RSA key (unbreakable). A complete RSA key is composed by a Private Key and a Public Key, your private key is used to sign messages that are sent and to decrypt messages that are received. The public key is used by the sender to encrypt the message that is being sent to you. When sending an encrypted message, our app will encrypt the message using the recipient's public key and only the recipient will be able to decrypt the message using their private key.

Mail1click generates the RSA keys, applies encryption and decryption automatically, so NO knowledge is required.

Electronic Signature

Each message sent from mail1click will be automatically signed using the sender's private key, this activity guarantee's the recipients that the message has not been changed or tampered with. The electronic signature is the strongest protection against identity fraud and fake identification.
rockman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Apr 2014, 01:39 AM   #2
rockman

Forgot to mention the company Kryptotel fz llc is based in UAE and servers are in Germany.

They have apps available for Chrome, iOS, Android, Windows and of course webmail.

Built-in spam protection with challenge/response captcha.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 06:23 AM   #3
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

In an ideal world it shouldn't make any difference, but I was surprised to find that the service seems to originate in the United Arab Emirates. Many of the features sound good, but one can't help but wonder whether sending and receiving encrypted messages (no matter how innocent they might be) through a provider in the UAE might be more likely to attract the interest of precisely those who most certainly possess the ability to intercept and read such messages if they wish to do so. If innocent privacy is what one is seeking, then this sad fact ought to be kept in mind. Why wave a red flag at a bull?
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:17 AM   #4
rockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
In an ideal world it shouldn't make any difference, but I was surprised to find that the service seems to originate in the United Arab Emirates. Many of the features sound good, but one can't help but wonder whether sending and receiving encrypted messages (no matter how innocent they might be) through a provider in the UAE might be more likely to attract the interest of precisely those who most certainly possess the ability to intercept and read such messages if they wish to do so. If innocent privacy is what one is seeking, then this sad fact ought to be kept in mind.
Respectfully, your post does not add any value to the discussion of the Mail1Click service. Your statement applies to all email and email services regardless of where they are hosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
Why wave a red flag at a bull?

Sending and receiving email within Mail1Click is essentially just like sending email between Gmail users. For receiving plaintext email from external mail addresses, at least the received mail is encrypted at rest - which is true for all email stored at Mail1Click. Mail1Click also supports SMTP TLS. Yes, there is a level of trust involved with encrypting your private key on their servers, but this is critical to the service design.

Employing PGP leaks typical email metadata anyway. And, it's a pain in the a$$ to setup, train and use with mere mortals or non-tech folks. But, there is no such thing as truly private email, or anything digital for that matter. The bits can be copied and stored infinitum. The "bulls" don't care about me. I do not own a red flag. But, I do have privacy rights as a human and I'll utilize a service which helps me to that end.

Mail1Click is a service for those who want a little more privacy without the "hassle", with limitations. Until digital communications are completely re-designed and re-deployed for perfect forward secrecy and privacy, we've got what we've got to use right now.

Last edited by rockman : 6 Apr 2014 at 10:25 AM.