EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Jul 2016, 11:50 PM   #1
drumdrum

Mailman Error

When i try to send a document with send email from ms word, lotus notes does'nt open and i have an error message
LOTUS NOTES MAILMAN ERROR

All help would be appreciated.
drumdrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8 Jul 2016, 02:11 PM   #2
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
You are using Lotus Notes to send the mail? Did you check your location setting to make they are correct?
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2016, 12:34 AM   #3
FelipeRamos

Hi,
Here is the solution that works.
The installation parameters is essential to get the Notes installation working. In this case of "Mailman error" the solution is to put citrix=1 in the end of the installations options.

Our installation look like this:

chgusr /install

msiexec /i "\\dkccm001\packagesource$\LotusNotes851\SP0\Lotus Notes 8.5.1.msi" TRANSFORMS="\\dkccm001\packagesource$\LotusNotes851\SP0\Lotus Notes 8.5.1.mst" /qr+ SETMULTIUSER=1 MULTIUSERBASEDIR="C:\Documents and Settings\!UserName!\Application Data" MULTIUSERCOMMONDIR="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" CITRIX=1

"\\dkccm001\packagesource$\LotusNotes851_FIX\SP0\LotusNotes851_FIX3\lotus_notes851FP3_basic_win.exe" /NOUSER
copy \\dkwds001\software$\Citrix\Software\Notes_851\notesconfig.txt "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data" /Y
chgusr /execute

The file notesconfig.txt contains this:

Domino.Name=dknts001
Username=%UserName%
KeyFilename=C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data\%UserName%.id
Directory=C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data

The trick with notesconfig.txt help to setup new users that have no notes.ini jet, so there is only the Notes password to enter for new users.

I have put some more information into this post and I hope this also can help other to get a better Notes installation than you can get from IBM web site or the default installation. If you are still experiencing the issue I can suggest this program Recovery Toolbox for Lotus Notes
https://recoverytoolbox.com/lotusnotes.html
FelipeRamos is offline   Reply With Quote