EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Jan 2002, 09:39 AM   #16
OtaconTV

Fixed the errors, as soon as I find my password for FTP i'll re-upload it.

At the bottom of the page I'll put " by OtaconTV or something so they'll know my name, and if they see the refferrer field then they can enter it if they want. I don't want it to become un credible.
OtaconTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jan 2002, 02:51 AM   #17

Smile Fastmail vs. GMX

Last month, I asked for some feedback about Fastmail and GMX mail services. Based on the responses I got, I decided to try them both.

Although my experience with GMX has, so far, been positive, I must say Fastmail has one decided advantage. Namely, FM allows you to send multiple attachments whereas GMX only allows you to send one. Aside from this, I still think GMX is a good mail service.

However, given FM's features and acclaimed technical support, I would advise anyone who is looking for a good, free (for now) e-mail service to give FM serious consideration. As much as I like AltaVista, I think I will start using FM as my primary e-mail address for all business communications as FM does not have those annoying, unprofessional tag lines!
Old 5 Jan 2002, 02:29 PM   #18
Shelded

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
You may or may not to include a suggestion to include your username in the 'referrer' field when they sign up.
And if you're lucky all sorts of spammers won't figure out that your username@eml.cc is a way to get in touch with you.
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2002, 06:54 AM   #19
admiralu
Essential Contributor

Cool FastMail is awesome!

I learned about this service when Visto was going under. FastMail is attractive, the style sheets really look nice! It has a clean simple interface and having no tag lines is really great! The speed of screen loading is wonderful!! I will definitely be signing up for the paid service when it becomes available. I have a lot of crappy free emails and most are not worth it. I would rather pay for a reliable email. I am looking forward to the storage as well. The programmers have done a wonderful job of creating a great email service that really works and looks great without those annoying ads!
admiralu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2002, 05:53 AM   #20
Nddnow

Talking Fastmail

Nothing like Fastmail.fm Super Fast and user friendly!!
Also i was just able to get my brother to sign up for a fastmail account he loves it to!
Nddnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2002, 10:09 PM   #21
tnt

I've been using fastmail for a couple of weeks now and so far it has been really great. IMAP works great, web interface is really great too and really fast! All in all, I highly recommend it!

BTW, I was quite lucky when mail.com tried to get $39.95 out of my account the other day and my card was on the limit! (even though I had chosen the $2-3 a month option a couple of years back!) No love lost there! I was paying those $40 and I was getting loads of adverts too, it was "under maintenance" most of the time and extremely slow!

So, I'll be sure to pay $40 for the max fastmail membership option!

Keep up the good work guys!

Theo
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Feb 2002, 08:30 PM   #22
nitripps

Thumbs up

fastmail.fm is great. when i heard that mailandnews.com was closing and felt lost, i used a migration tool made by Jeremy, and moved my account flawlessly. all stress was removed from a stressful situation.
fastmail.fm is also very fast, just as the name implies, but what sold me was the customer service. they are available here in this forum all the time. bill gates isn't here ever. enough said about his product.
thanks Jeremy you've got a wonderful product.

nitripps
nitripps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Feb 2002, 04:40 AM   #23
ladywriter

Wanted to thank you for this fast and easy to use service. I'm not a techie like most of you here. There is nothing easier to use that I have found. Would I pay....absolutely!
ladywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2002, 09:56 AM   #24
drkotsius

FastMail is the best thing on cyberspace since Google, only more
friendly and social. I am the stingiest person when it comes to
the web, I like my services free if I can get them... Yet, basic
FastMail membership is such excellent value for money, that not
only have I gratefully paid up for one, but I will give more away to
friends and family as presents as soon as the opportunity arises!
The FastMail.fm forum is an excellent source of knowledge, not
just for email, but for other things as well. Let us all join to keep
those nice people afloat, the ugly face of capitalism has so far
remained on FastMail's 'blocked addresses' list. Keep it this way!

drkotsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2002, 12:34 AM   #25
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by shelded
And if you're lucky all sorts of spammers won't figure out that your username@eml.cc is a way to get in touch with you.
Or better still, if (say) you use hitler@nazi.gov.de to post to newsgroups, spammers will take that for your real address, and lower the already-negative value of their lists by adding it!

BTW, I just tried to log in to my FastMail account, but accidentally used my OperaMail password.  When I succeeded (using the correct password), the server warned me of the "unauthorised" attempt to access my mailbox!  I like that, it shows real concern for customers!

(edit: the exact greeting message I got was:

Quote:
Welcome to FastMail Robert Baker. It's a little after quarter past three in the afternoon .
Your last successful login was at Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:21 PM
There was 1 failed login attempt between your last successful login and this login. The last failed attempt occured at Thu, 28 Feb 2002 3:16 PM
I know of no other mail provider which notifies its customers about potential security breaches like this...)

Last edited by robert@fm : 1 Mar 2002 at 12:43 AM.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2002, 11:17 AM   #26
lmg

Thumbs up

FastMail has changed my life. Since I started using FastMail, I've reconciled with my wife, I got another dog, my truck fixed itself, and the warden tells me next week I'll get out of prison! Yeehaa!

OK, not really. I got it as a new personal email address because my old primary address got on the spammers list. I still need the old address, but it is now heavily spam filtered. I've moved my personal correspondence over to FastMail because I like the features, the quality of service and the character of the people running it. I also like the nostalgic feel of being able to talk to the developer about a problem with his system, rather than having to deal with a Help(less) Desk full of clueless message takers.

I wish Rob and Jeremy much success with FastMail.
lmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2002, 05:21 PM   #27
jonathan

Talking Glad to be here

I'm glad to have found fastmail.fm My other services, Ureach.com and Ziplip.com, have the WORST customer service in the business. I DON'T recommend them. I will recommend Fastmail.
jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Mar 2002, 10:17 AM   #28
frmarcus

Fastmail efficiency

I've used a couple of web-based servers; Fastmail is certainly the quickest. I've only been using it for a few weeks but found no problems whatsoever. Speed is the most impressive thing, and it enables me to do all I wish with e-mail.

Well done, Fastmail!
frmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2002, 08:59 AM   #29
mlevin
Cornerstone of the Community

Naysayers

Found a posting by some FastMail naysayer (well, he said he liked it but didn't think it would last).

http://www.freelists.org/archives/po...llthread1.html

Actually, I found it by doing a google search for "MSignal" -- I wanted to learn a little more about those crazy FastMail URLs. Incidentally, are there any whitepapers on the FastMail architecture? I'd love to learn more about how it works. I understand that Jeremy & Rob may not want to reveal many of the details as a security precaution (and also so people don't steal their ideas, although I really doubt very many people could build a FastMail clone simply by knowing a little about the architecture!).
mlevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2002, 12:48 PM   #30
DBH

One word to describe FastMail: AWESOME!!
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote