EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 11 Mar 2015, 10:10 AM   #1
pjroutledge

Question Clean up old calendar items

Old, out of date (and useless) appointments are accumulating in my Fastmail calendar.

Ideally I'd like to clean them up (delete them) with a simple command or function, eg delete everything more than N months or weeks old. I hope I don't have to do them one at a time!

I haven't found anyway to do this yet. Is there a way?

It matters because I sync the calendar to my phone and the old items are just clutter that are gradually using up the limited memory available on my phone. The phone sync function doesn't include any filtering.

(I can think of a clumsy workaround involving the creation of, say, annual calendars such as '2014', '2015', etc that I then delete in the following January or February. But it would be clumsy, if it's possible.)

Peter
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Mar 2015, 10:35 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I also don't see any way to purge old calendar events (like you can purge old emails). I don't know of any documented limits with the calendar system. For example, I can create an event in the year 1000 which repeats every day, and it fills up this year with events! There are some limits, because it seems to overload the server if I then try to view these daily events in the year 5000, or if I try to delete only certain events when they start in 1000. So I'm going to suggest to Fastmail staff that they try to block certain actions which could cause an overload and allow us to purge old events.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2015, 05:51 PM   #3
pjroutledge

Thanks Bill.

If I can second that suggestion, I will.

Peter
Old 9 Apr 2015, 05:33 AM   #4
pjroutledge

Archiving or clearing out old calendar items

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
I also don't see any way to purge old calendar events (like you can purge old emails). I don't know of any documented limits with the calendar system. For example, I can create an event in the year 1000 which repeats every day, and it fills up this year with events! There are some limits, because it seems to overload the server if I then try to view these daily events in the year 5000, or if I try to delete only certain events when they start in 1000. So I'm going to suggest to Fastmail staff that they try to block certain actions which could cause an overload and allow us to purge old events.

Bill
Hey Bill.

Did you get any response or indication back from Fastmail re calendar cleaning options or possibilities?

Peter
Old 9 Apr 2015, 11:09 AM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjroutledge View Post
Hey Bill.

Did you get any response or indication back from Fastmail re calendar cleaning options or possibilities?

Peter
From their comments, I doubt they will do anything about this. You can always file a support request or PM the Rob at Fastmail who posts here.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote