EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 25 Nov 2015, 10:51 PM   #1
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Merging CardDav Accounts

I have Address books in Google, and in Fastmail, I'd like them ALL to be in Fastmail.

In the past, I tried to merge these, but I ended up with a mess.

What is the best way to move contacts over from Google without losing details or getting corrupted details in the process?

Some contacts belong to multiple categories... has anyone found a way to manage this on import?

Thanks

/cl
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26 Nov 2015, 10:42 AM   #2
pjroutledge

I responded to another recent query by referring to Memotoo.com. And I think it can help in this situation too.

But I don't want to sound like an advertisement for Memotoo.com! And I'm not affiliated with Memotoo in any way other than as a user.

Memotoo will sync address books from various sources and over a variety of protocols, and the reason I think it's relevant here is that the address books are merged by Memotoo into one address book. (This is actually a problem for me, but it sounds like at least part of what you're trying to achieve.)

I'm not sure but I think Memotoo will preserve the categories, and I'm not sure whether they're preserved when you use CardDAV to sync with Fastmail.

But it shouldn't cost anything other time to experiment. Make backups first though - it's easy to forget how the data are linked and inadvertently wipe everything, which Memotoo will then sync!
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote