EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 12 Sep 2017, 08:50 PM   #1
caulfield87

When is the new beta coming?

Hi,

When can we expect the beta of the new webmail?

Thanks!
caulfield87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Sep 2017, 03:12 AM   #2
digp
Master of the @

2030?..............
digp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2017, 11:09 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by caulfield87 View Post
Hi,

When can we expect the beta of the new webmail?

Thanks!
We are very close to where we want the new webmail (Runbox 7) to be in terms of the basic features. We have put a lot of effort into the core functionality to make it as fast and user-friendly as possible, and it now outperforms the major competitors hands-down.

Currently we are fixing some minor issues in the user interface and adding auto-completion of contacts. We will provide information about the beta as soon as this is ready.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2017, 08:53 PM   #4
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
We are very close to where we want the new webmail (Runbox 7) to be in terms of the basic features. We have put a lot of effort into the core functionality to make it as fast and user-friendly as possible, and it now outperforms the major competitors hands-down.

Currently we are fixing some minor issues in the user interface and adding auto-completion of contacts. We will provide information about the beta as soon as this is ready.

- Geir
Any news regarding this?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We have completed the tasks described in my previous post. However, during more thorough testing we have uncovered that additional, minor adjustments to the user interface are needed.

Overall we are very happy about the status of Runbox 7 and we can't wait to introduce it to everyone.

Stay tuned!

- Geir

PS: If you'd like to be among the first to test-drive Runbox 7, please contact Runbox Support with your Runbox username.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 08:06 PM   #6
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
We have completed the tasks described in my previous post. However, during more thorough testing we have uncovered that additional, minor adjustments to the user interface are needed.

Overall we are very happy about the status of Runbox 7 and we can't wait to introduce it to everyone.

Stay tuned!

- Geir

PS: If you'd like to be among the first to test-drive Runbox 7, please contact Runbox Support with your Runbox username.
We also can't wait but as per usual, I guess we'll have to wait quite a while.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2017, 07:32 PM   #7
caulfield87

any ETA on this?
Old 17 Nov 2017, 05:33 PM   #8
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We are focused on completing the tasks mentioned in my previous post to ensure that your experience with the new Runbox 7 webmail will be the best possible.

We are closing in on this goal and will post back soon!

- Geir
Old 22 Nov 2017, 11:58 PM   #9
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I also can hardly wait but I hope RB does not do what a Rival service did in my opinion make their service so complex that Joe Average could not use it. I want RB to remain the most user friendly service I have ever used.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2017, 05:12 PM   #10
caulfield87

And I hope it would be delivered as promised. One can't believe that in this day and age it takes so long to make a new webmail version, especially when competitors upgrade theirs daily and you have open source webmails a la open xchange that are full featured and that you can license and then upgrade as you wish. The rmm7 beta was told it would be accessible before summer, it's turn of the year already and nothing. + no calendar.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 02:12 AM   #11
ioneja

Runbox doesn't have a good track track record for keeping schedule with new developed features... or they're over-eager to release optimistic dates that they often miss... however, in their defense, what they release is typically very solid and reliable, and sometimes even great. Their 2FA took forever to release, for example, but it's a pretty neat implementation, with some outstanding features, worth the wait IMO.

Hope they learn how to develop at a faster pace, but not at the expense of quality. I'd rather have them err on the side of a fastidious quest for perfection than release something early, especially with something mission-critical like email. I'd also rather have them develop something original for their webmail client in-house rather than build off an open-source product. They obviously have access to the source code of the open source clients out there, so they can refer to them for ideas, but I don't want them to fall into the trap of just using an open source client and customize too much, then be stuck with security issues causing a mess of a fork. That would be more costly IMO. And those services are a dime a dozen that offer open-source clients. Runbox, to me, is different/boutique/special -- one of the last special email providers IMO, they need/deserve something totally unique, keep it in-house and control the source code. My two bits.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2017, 06:42 PM   #12
caulfield87

Sure thing, but in june it was said it's days, not weeks away. And now it's been 6 months.
Old 22 Dec 2017, 01:33 PM   #13
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Runbox 7 Webmail won't just be an upgrade, it will be revolutionary both in terms of technology and usability.

This ambition coupled with our desire to deliver a solid product implies that development takes time -- but the closed beta test is going to start before 2017 is over.

If you would like to participate, send an email to Runbox Support with the subject "Runbox 7 Webmail beta test" and include your Runbox username.

- Geir
Old 22 Dec 2017, 10:52 PM   #14
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I am begining to worry about the RB upgrade. after what FM did to their service, taking a perfect user friendly service amd making so complex RB has a very user friendly service as it is, with only three links a user can set up forwarding, pop and change FROM address. Just my two cents worth
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2017, 01:26 AM   #15
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Hear, hear...
IMHO there are two or three minor annoyances in the current interface, but its simplicity is a strong point. I'm sure Runbox with its subcontractor(s) can provide something more flashy, using the latest fad in webpage creation, but I do hope this will not make the interface more convoluted.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote