EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 Nov 2021, 08:04 PM   #1
ojos

Unhappy Disposable email addresses for Yahoo and Outlook

I've had a free Yahoo email account for many years. A few years back I noticed they had introduced a disposable email address service. This enabled me to set up alias email addresses for sending and receiving email with the ability to close them to avoid receiving spam.
I haven't used them for a while and logged into my Yahoo account today and the disposable addresses seem to have vanished with no means of recreating them. According to this Lifewire review of Yahoo the facility still exists:
https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-e...counts-1356641
which under Yahoo says:
"You can create disposable addresses linked to your inbox without revealing your actual address."
but how do it do that?
Similarly under their review of Outlook.com they say:
"Multiple account aliases hide your actual email address".
Once again, as I also have an Outlook email address but I can't find any reference in my account for generating these aliases.

Can someone clarify the situation on disposable email aliases for Yahoo and Outlook email?
ojos is offline   Reply With Quote