EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Nov 2012, 03:20 AM   #16
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcarada View Post
I like SlashMail, they are strong on security and $25/year seems very reasonable
Checked out their comparison against other providers, and at the bottom of their page:

http://slashmail.org/compare/#premium

* - Features/prices of competitive premium email providers as of July 18, 2006.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2012, 06:55 AM   #17
botolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmiller View Post
Hi Botolo! Welcome to EMD.com and please allow me to clarify.
Thank you for the great explanation. I think I will go with the tryout and then decide. Thanks again!
botolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Macron

Quote:
Originally Posted by botolo View Post
Thank you for the great explanation. I think I will go with the tryout and then decide. Thanks again!
Hi botolo, have you heard of regify services? It actually make you email become a "registered email" without changing your current email address or provider, which you might want to explore.
Macron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2012, 09:23 PM   #19
ReuvenNY

botolo, no one suggested Fastmail because you stated in your opening posting that you have already played with it. Fastmail is a sound company and may be a good solution for you.
Try also Polarismail.com which I believe is a solid option as well.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2012, 01:38 PM   #20
jer39lms

Luxsci vs. Exchange vs. Fastmail.

I love Fastmail's web interface. I find it so clean and easy to work with multiple emails at a time (e.g., checkmarking and bulk deletions for instance). The problem is, I can't use it anymore as I need proper and real-time syncing between my iphone, ipad, laptop, and two desktop computers for email, calendar and contacts. Fastmail has a contacts list but does not support calendaring. I thought about using a different service for calendar and using fastmail for email but at the end of the day, it is not streamlined and won't work well (so I'm told on the fastmail.fm forums).

Instead, I currently use Microsoft Exchange 2010, both with Outlook 2010 and using the web interface (OWA). It works well, no major complaints, but I have to say, I still like the look and feel of Fastmail and I miss not being able to checkmark emails on the left and then bulk delete, move, etc.

I came across luxsci only today - I hadn't heard of them earlier. I spoke to a sales rep and he says that Luxsci has its own contacts and calendar feature and that it will sync with Outlook 2010. Will it allow me to bulk delete emails as fastmail does? Given my priorities and concerns listed in this email, would Luxsci meet my needs and will it sync between all devices as seamlessly as exchange?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
jer39lms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 06:37 AM   #21
zmiller

Representative of:
LuxSci.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer39lms View Post
I came across luxsci only today - I hadn't heard of them earlier. I spoke to a sales rep and he says that Luxsci has its own contacts and calendar feature and that it will sync with Outlook 2010. Will it allow me to bulk delete emails as fastmail does? Given my priorities and concerns listed in this email, would Luxsci meet my needs and will it sync between all devices as seamlessly as exchange?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Our webmail interface allows you to bulk select emails currently either using your keyboard (CRTL-A), a toolbar menu option, or via combo of mouseclick while holding shift/control buttons. You can then bulk perform actions including delete, move, copy, mark as spam, defer, etc. In a couple days we're adding in checkbox select plus a top 'select-all' checkbox. Is there another different method that Fastmail offers?

With our Premium Mobile Sync and Webaide Sync for Outlook, yes, you will get seamless synchronization of email (plus optionally calendars, address books & tasks) across your iphone, ipad, and laptop & desktops (assuming you're running Outlook for Windows--we don't currently offer direct 2-way sync for Mac OS calendar & address book programs).

Both Premium Mobile Sync and the Webaidesync plugin for Outlook can be tested out in a free trial account, please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Best regards,
Zach
zmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2012, 07:22 AM   #22
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer39lms View Post
Instead, I currently use Microsoft Exchange 2010, both with Outlook 2010 and using the web interface (OWA). It works well, no major complaints, but I have to say, I still like the look and feel of Fastmail and I miss not being able to checkmark emails on the left and then bulk delete, move, etc.

Jeremy
OWA does have the option to check multiple emails and then bulk delete, move, etc.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote