EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Sep 2017, 07:43 AM   #1
OneEarth2

Question Draft Reply Email Lost? Can it be Recovered?

I was replying to an email in the FastMail Android app on a Samsung S8+ In Android 7. The very important reply was long, too hours, and was saved as a draft. In the app I went to save the changes (since I do not believe that they are saved automatically). I selected what I thought was save draft and it went to the inbox. I went back to select the draft reply and it was not there. I am wondering if I selected discard but I did not see the black "undo" pop up.

If I did select "discard" can this draft reply be recovered? Will the restore function FastMail has work to recover draft replies in the drafts folder? How fine grained would a backup be? Is it only once a day or could it recover what was there on the actual last saved draft?
OneEarth2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Sep 2017, 02:13 AM   #2
fmett

This has happened many times to me, sometimes because the Fastmail Android app freezes randomly, and I have not found any way of recovering the lost draft.

I don't think it's possible to recover a lost draft when accessing Fastmail on a PC using a browser, either.

I have taken to the practice of composing important or long drafts in a text editor where I can make multiple saves as I go, and then paste the pessage into the email app before sending.

Sorry.
fmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:39 PM   #3
OneEarth2

Restore from backup was more helpful than expected

I used restore from backup in the interface. It only took one minute literally. While it says FM only does a backup once a day there were draft backups saved from previous saved drafts. I found one that was only 30 minutes old from the loss point of the draft. That saved me. There are so many new services out there that FM should add some more features to keep themselves relevant on these matters. Hint hint.
OneEarth2 is offline   Reply With Quote