EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Oct 2003, 03:33 PM   #1
GR8Madmax

Account downgrade (userid) question

I currently have a Full account and was wondering if I'll be able to keep my userid (6-letter first name which I was able to get since it was a Full account) if I downgrade to a Member account. Thanks.
GR8Madmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 Oct 2003, 04:06 PM   #2
Sherry

Re: Account downgrade (userid) question

Quote:
Originally posted by GR8Madmax
I currently have a Full account and was wondering if I'll be able to keep my userid (6-letter first name which I was able to get since it was a Full account) if I downgrade to a Member account. Thanks.
Yes, Member accounts can have a minimum of 5 character user names as shown in the Pricing Table however, there are some restrictions on common names and dictionary words at the Member level.

http://www.fastmail.fm/pages/fastmai...ricingtbl.html

Sherry

Last edited by Sherry : 24 Oct 2003 at 04:08 PM.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2003, 05:24 PM   #3
ewal
Master of the @

GR8Madmax

In addition to what Sherry mentioned be aware that certain fastmail domains can only be used for full and/or enhanced accounts. Do you use one of those?

May I ask why you want to downgrade?

all the best
Edward
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2003, 01:04 AM   #4
GR8Madmax

Thanks for the reply guys. I was aware of the userid restrictions but thought it only applied to new accounts. I guess I was wrong.

Ewal: I do not need a Full account as I don't use most of the features that come with it. The only reason I signed up for a Full account was to use my first name as the userid and hoping to hang on to it if I decide not to renew. I'll e-mail customer service and see what they have to say since the domain split is supposedly around the corner.

Also, around the time I signed up (Feb 2003), the website stated that all Full accounts that are not renewed will revert back to a Member account. But, about a week later I get the dreaded newsletter saying these accounts will fall back to a guest account. I've read several threads on this couple of months ago and e-mailed customer service (webmaster) about it. I was told that the account will revert back to a Member account but the reply was not signed and I'm not sure who it was that replied to my e-mail. Plus, it just says N/A in the fallback service level area of my account status page.

So, I was just thinking of downgrading now and saving a few bucks as I'm a poor college student.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 01:11 AM   #5
s a
Master of the @

Quote:
The only reason I signed up for a Full account was to use my first name as the userid and hoping to hang on to it if I decide not to renew.

about a week later I get the dreaded newsletter saying these accounts will fall back to a guest account. I've read several threads on this couple of months ago and e-mailed customer service (webmaster) about it. I was told that the account will revert back to a Member account but the reply was not signed and I'm not sure who it was that replied to my e-mail.
if your username is five letters or more i think FM will let you keep it even if you fall back to member.

Secondly the question of your fallback level is easily answered. When you signed up for the full account, did you pay only for the Full account ($20) or did you also pay the ($20 +$14.95) needed to buy a member account?
s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2003, 01:27 AM   #6
GR8Madmax

sa: I paid $20 and that's why I think it will revert back to a guest account even though I was told otherwise. Thanks for the reply.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 02:02 AM   #7
David
Ultimate Contributor

You can go to "Options" "Account Status" and view your Fallback service level.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2003, 03:02 AM   #8
GR8Madmax

Quote:
Originally posted by David
You can go to "Options" "Account Status" and view your Fallback service level.
I already did that and it says N/A. I've e-mailed customer service and hopefully they'll get back to me.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 03:02 AM   #9
s a
Master of the @

Quote:
sa: I paid $20 and that's why I think it will revert back to a guest account even though I was told otherwise. Thanks for the reply.
if you didn't sign up during the promotion that FM was offering, then it looks to me like you will revert back to the guest status. Maybe you could ask FM support again explaining your situation.
s a is offline   Reply With Quote