EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Jan 2017, 07:40 AM   #76
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Fastmail only discards duplicates if the messages arrive in the normal fashion as incoming email. If the sieve script sees the message it's subject to duplicate suppression. Messages copied via IMAP or the web interface won't be suppressed if they are duplicates.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:28 AM   #77
wakaba

Chiming in as well in support of the new interface. I'm a relatively new user. I would definitely not have signed up if only the classic interface was available. I also speak for my colleagues who I've persuaded (strongarmed?) into joining fastmail when I say that we strongly and unanimously prefer the new interface.

Last edited by wakaba : 12 Jan 2017 at 11:24 AM.
wakaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 09:37 AM   #78
vivil
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
Looking at that I'd say hard to reproduce too, it looks like the browser is sending two touch events in quick succession. In which case it's indistinguishable to our software from you hitting delete again. Do you have the support ticket number from when it was reported?
in default WEBGUI i lost some messages [Ticket Id: 1470377

same player shoot again: another video taken 15 minutes ago in exagerate mode i assume.

https://youtu.be/GCXvw91RyVk

i choose now the fastmail option "go to the mailbox after deleting or moving a conversation" to avoid this rebound effect

first half of video works well ol
second half, i "riffle/kalachnikov" the delete button, why they TWO messages on trash folder ????

When i click on the "delete" button, the delete button MUST DISSAPEARS. PERIOD.

it is kind of the other bug i explained before: the rebound effect ^^
vivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 04:41 PM   #79
DumbGuy
Essential Contributor

I've been using the Current UI almost exclusively (along with POP downloads), after migrating from the Classic UI about 1.5 years ago. I'm generally happy with the Current UI and don't mind seeing Classic sunset. I really see value in FM's argument that it'll free up their time to develop FM more, as well as reduce FM's attack surface.

The 1 reason I would occasionally login to Classic UI in a new browser tab alongside Current UI would be to send an email while requesting a read receipt.

And so, I'm very pleased to read just now that FM plans to migrate that feature over to the Current UI. A big thanks to FM for considering the few of us that use that feature and then adding it to their Classic-feature-retention list.

(Regarding that UI "hyper-responsive deletion bug", I've experienced something very similar, mobile UI only, and it seemed to start a few months ago when some other Current UI changes were apparently rolled out. I should find or start another thread on this topic.)
DumbGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 05:17 PM   #80
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thumbs down

Quote:
I've been using the Current UI almost exclusively (along with POP downloads), after migrating from the Classic UI about 1.5 years ago. I'm generally happy with the Current UI and don't mind seeing Classic sunset.
Thats the problem with this world now..... NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYTHING AS LONG AS IT DOESNT AFFECT THEM AND ITS SAD..........
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 05:50 PM   #81
wakaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Thats the problem with this world now..... NO ONE CARES ABOUT ANYTHING AS LONG AS IT DOESNT AFFECT THEM AND ITS SAD..........
Exactly. It seems that you do not care that the vast majority of fastmail users use the new interface exclusively, and would benefit from fastmail focusing its limited resources on the new interface. Instead, you'd prefer to benefit a very small minority of users (who use the classic interface) to the detriment of everyone else.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 06:27 PM   #82
Mugwhamp
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakaba View Post
Exactly. It seems that you do not care that the vast majority of fastmail users use the new interface exclusively, and would benefit from fastmail focusing its limited resources on the new interface. Instead, you'd prefer to benefit a very small minority of users (who use the classic interface) to the detriment of everyone else.
Mic drop
Mugwhamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 06:46 PM   #83
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Well for me I paid for 5 years in advance to use the classic, then we were presented with the new UI, so really when you look at it I am losing what I really purchased.

I moved to the current UI some months ago because I knew F/m would eventually do away with the classic, but I ask myself do I like the current UI and the answer is NO.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 07:11 PM   #84
wakaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Well for me I paid for 5 years in advance to use the classic, then we were presented with the new UI, so really when you look at it I am losing what I really purchased.

I moved to the current UI some months ago because I knew F/m would eventually do away with the classic, but I ask myself do I like the current UI and the answer is NO.
Sounds like what you're suggesting is that if any of fastmail's subscribers "lose what they purchased" due to a potential change, then it should not be implemented, even if the majority of users benefit.

I for one am very happy that fastmail does not adopt such a backward-looking approach to innovation.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 07:24 PM   #85
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Well it's like buying a car, then you take it in for its first service and they change the seats, Ok it may improve my comfort but I don't like the style or the colour and I don't have a choice I'm just stuck with it.

So would I purchase a car from that manufacturer again?

I liked what we once had and I hate change where I have no control.

Last edited by Terry : 12 Jan 2017 at 07:30 PM.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:23 PM   #86
vivil
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Sounds like what you're suggesting is that if any of fastmail's subscribers "lose what they purchased" due to a potential change, then it should not be implemented, even if the majority of users benefit.
I for one am very happy that fastmail does not adopt such a backward-looking approach to innovation.
Innovation is a big mix of adding / simplifing / apologize mistakes schemes...

With my 2 videos, i prove 2 bugs.

Excepting DumbGuy which has already detected that. i'm so glad to know than anothers readers of this thread accepts by default/despite these 2 bugs (also the first) which can occurs to dozens of thousands FM customers to jump some mail reading.

I applause.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:29 PM   #87
wakaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Well it's like buying a car, then you take it in for its first service and they change the seats, Ok it may improve my comfort but I don't like the style or the colour and I don't have a choice I'm just stuck with it.

So would I purchase a car from that manufacturer again?

I liked what we once had and I hate change where I have no control.
Not a particularly apt analogy -- the key here is that changes made by fastmail affect all users, whereas in your example, the changes affected you and no one else.

Here's an alternative example. Suppose I have a flight with FM Airlines. There were massive delays at inspection, but I somehow got lucky and made it to the gate on time. But then FM delays take-off by 20 minutes so other delayed passengers can make the flight.

Would FM's decision make it more or less likely to fly with them next time? Indeed, I was inconvenienced today -- but I know that next time there is a similar decision to be made, FM will try to make the best decision for most customers (perhaps to the detriment of a small number), and I'm likely to benefit.That's what I'm looking for as a customer.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:35 PM   #88
wakaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivil View Post
Innovation is a big mix of adding / simplifing / apologize mistakes schemes...

With my 2 videos, i prove 2 bugs.

Excepting DumbGuy which has already detected that. i'm so glad to know than anothers readers of this thread accepts by default/despite these 2 bugs (also the first) which can occurs to dozens of thousands FM customers to jump some mail reading.

I applause.
Are we supposed to put this through google translate? I've heard that their new algorithm does wonders.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:47 PM   #89
vivil
Essential Contributor

Sorry. Only fluent english writers can only write here ?
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:49 PM   #90
wakaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivil View Post
Sorry. Only fluent english writers can only write here ?
I should think that some minimal effort in communicating your point clearly is a prerequisite for being taken seriously.