EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 21 May 2013, 09:44 PM   #226
petergh
Master of the @

Rubenesque,

If you'll send me a private message with your existing email address, I'll see if I can help you out. FM is a very good provider, and if you find that they fit your requirements, you shouldn't let something like this throw you off.

Peter
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2013, 10:06 PM   #227
ident

Any update to the email providers listed in the thread? What is the latest on redpin.com?
ident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2013, 03:09 PM   #228
petergh
Master of the @

I've been using redpin.com for the last two years now. The service is impeccable, with excellent support from Mike and very reliable servers. The disk space doesn't come cheap, but if you're storing all your old email offline like me, that's a non-issue anyway.
Old 6 Sep 2013, 03:15 PM   #229
ident

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergh View Post
I've been using redpin.com for the last two years now. The service is impeccable, with excellent support from Mike and very reliable servers. The disk space doesn't come cheap, but if you're storing all your old email offline like me, that's a non-issue anyway.
Are you using your own domain? Are you aware of the email server (courier, dovecot etc) being used by redpin? There is not much information available on their website regarding the features of their email service.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 03:38 AM   #230
petergh
Master of the @

Yes, I use my own domain with redpin. I'm not completely sure about which MTA the server runs, but I think it's Courier. You'll have to ask Mike to be sure. But why do you want to know?

If you have any more specific questions about redpin and their service offerings, I suggest you send an email to "duchamp" -at- "redpin.com". Mike is very responsive and will surely answer questions you may have.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 04:33 AM   #231
nbarr
Cornerstone of the Community

From page 4 of Redpin's email fact sheet
http://www.redpin.com/email.html

Quote:
What software do you use?
Qmail, Exim, Postfix, vpopmail, Dovecot, and Courier-IMAP form the backbone of our
mailservers, depending on the machine, all running under Linux, either Debian or CentOS. We
use OpenSSL for encryption, wherever possible, and Ilohamail, RoundCube, and Squirrelmail for
webmail. Also used are procmail, SpamAssassin, djbdns, rsync, Mailman, ezmlm... the list goes
on and on
nbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2013, 04:37 AM   #232
ident

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarr View Post
From page 4 of Redpin's email fact sheet
http://www.redpin.com/email.html
I also read that just a while back. $12/GB month for additional space
Old 7 Sep 2013, 05:21 AM   #233
petergh
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by ident View Post
I also read that just a while back. $12/GB month for additional space
Don't take that at face value. Storage prices vary with what server your account is on. Like I said, get your requirements together, storage and all, and ask Mike for a quote. Having said that, don't go with Redpin if you need massive amounts of storage space. I used to think that I needed to have all my email available online all the time, but Redpin's storage prices actually made me rethink that requirement. Now I have most of my email stored offline, and I actually see several benefits in not having my email archive available online.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:49 AM   #234
emebrs
Essential Contributor

What about VFEmail? I am finding very few mentions of it on this whole forum. Am I not looking in the right places? Apparently VFEmail has been around since 2001.
emebrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2014, 03:46 AM   #235
ccl1
Essential Contributor

i personally would go polarismail over vfe
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2014, 12:11 PM   #236
Shelded

and why would you?
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2014, 07:43 AM   #237
ccl1
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelded View Post
and why would you?
b/c these topics don't fill me with a high level of confidence.

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=64820

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=64100

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=67715
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2014, 12:35 AM   #238
17pm

I'm looking for the perfect paid (though cheap) email provider as well... Haven't found it yet.

I'm considering PolarisMail but the fact they're Canada based doesn't really make me smile..

I NEED:

- Support for own domain
- Support for aliases/personalities (send from aliases, receive to aliases and all that)
- Cheap (30usd/year max)
- Min 1gb but would like 5gb or so..
- Good Support
- Based in Europe preferably
- Nice/Fast feature rich webclient

Would be awesome if they support 2FA..

I guess the only email provider that checks all that (other than the 2FA) is Eumx.. (?) If I remove the need to be in Europe, PolarisMail joins the list.. I can't find anything else though..

Last edited by 17pm : 3 Nov 2014 at 12:42 AM.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2014, 06:27 AM   #239
William9
The "e" in e-mail

You will never find the "perfect" paid, cheap email provider. If you increase your dollar limit to $35 and accept a webmail interface that is not perfect, then Runbox is a good choice. It fulfills or comes close to fulfilling your other criteria. Norway has strict privacy laws.
William9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2014, 06:33 AM   #240
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by William9 View Post
You will never find the "perfect" paid, cheap email provider. If you increase your dollar limit to $35 and accept a webmail interface that is not perfect, then Runbox is a good choice. It fulfills or comes close to fulfilling your other criteria. Norway has strict privacy laws.
I'm currently a Runbox user and I'm not really happy with them.. Will need to consider this further..
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote