EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 6 May 2020, 05:30 AM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Best email providers of 2020

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-email-provider
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 May 2020, 08:35 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

I'm always curious as to how these lists are created, and unfortunately there are usually ulterior motives like ad revenue. I have no idea what factors went into choosing these, but I would opine that I am highly suspicious of a list that includes Yahoo in any top 5. In my experience, Yahoo is one of the worst free email services that is an absolute spam magnet. Yes, Gmail and Outlook.com should be in any top 5 simply due to their sheer scale and market domination, and they are also pretty darn good for free services. Fastmail/Pobox would be in my top 5 for their professional approach to paid email. I think the free services have to be rated separately from the paid services, due to features, expectations, etc. It is like comparing an economy car to a luxury car--not a fair comparison.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2020, 07:27 AM   #3
InquiringMind

I have a Protonmail account and I like the service and what they stand for, but the extreme delays I encounter with their Push notifications on Android would definitely make be feel that they should not be considered to be in the Top 5 email services, let alone number one.

I hope they find a way to get Push working better in the future.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2020, 04:27 AM   #4
RFK
Essential Contributor

I am using Gmail as general emails and Runbox for more sensitive communications (finance, healthcare etc.)

Both fit my needs.
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote