EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 18 Jun 2023, 03:03 AM   #1
9petlover

Question Yahoo email

Please could someone tell me the difference between yahoo.com and yahoo.co.uk. My email ends in .com and recently someone gave me their name and asked me to send it to their yahoo email and I assumed it would be .com. the same as mine, but it was returned as "unable to deliver". If someone could explain I would be so grateful, Thank you
9petlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Jun 2023, 12:46 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9petlover View Post
Please could someone tell me the difference between yahoo.com and yahoo.co.uk.
As far as email is concerned, addresses ...@yahoo.com have nothing to do with ....@yahoo.co.uk.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2023, 01:08 PM   #3
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

As janusz says, they are not the same.

I have two accounts, one with a xyz@yahoo.com and abc@yahoo.com.ph. They are different accounts. I cannot use yahoo.com and yahoo.com.ph interchangeably. If you were to send an email to the abc@yahoo.com.ph account as abc@yahoo.com it will be returned as "unable to deliver". Same goes for xyz@yahoo.com as xyz@yahoo.com.ph.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2023, 03:19 AM   #4
RFK
Essential Contributor

Let's say, you registered already xxxxxx@yahoo.com
In this case, your Yahoo ID is xxxxxx and your email is xxxxxx@yahoo.com

But nobody can register , for example, xxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk because ID xxxxxx already used. But you also cannot use xxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk or xxxxxx@yahoo.co.il or xxxxxx@yahoo.in because these mailboxes do not exist.

The only exception is emails in domain ymail.com (and ,possibly, few other domains like this but I am not aware of them). You cannot register new mailboxes in ymail.com anymore but in the past it was possible and they were independent from main Yahoo domains. I still have active email in ymail.com domain.

It means you could register xxxxxx@yahoo.com (or xxxxxx@yahoo.in) and also xxxxxx@ymail.com. Yahoo ID for mailboxes in this domain is not xxxxxx but full email xxxxxx@ymail.com
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jul 2023, 05:38 AM   #5
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Does Yahoo still allow new registrations under the ccTLD's? I thought new registrations were under the @yahoo.com domain per default now? I may be wrong...

If there are still registrations possible under ccTLD's, then it may be nice to know how to get such an address. Probably you need a different URL to sign up for (random examples) yahoo.com, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.co.il, yahoo.be, yahoo.es, ... ?

I used to have yahoo.ie, yahoo.dk and yahoo.no addresses back in the days (20 years ago) I wanted to try every single service I came across. Never lived in Denmark or Norway but could still sign up for those domains. I thought that was suspended now.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2023, 12:19 PM   #6
RFK
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Does Yahoo still allow new registrations under the ccTLD's? I thought new registrations were under the @yahoo.com domain per default now? I may be wrong...
Not anymore. No new geographical accounts (yahoo.ca, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.co.il etc.)

But you can now register @myyahoo.com email address in addition to @yahoo.com

Last edited by RFK : 11 Jul 2023 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10 Jul 2023, 09:48 PM   #7
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFK View Post
Not anymore. No new geographical accounts (yahoo.ca, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.co.il etc.)

Nut you can now register @myyahoo.com email address in addition to @yahoo.com
It's a shame the geographical accounts aren't open to new registrations. MyYahoo.com is a good domain, except for the doube Y. Will this not lead to emails not arriving because the sender makes typos?

It's been about 18 years since I last used Yahoo myself, my family still use it. Have to say it is one of the least likely free providers to ever disappear in the near future, so in that perspective it is a good choice, just like Hotmail/Outlook and Gmail are unlikely to cease operations in the near future. In terms of storage space Yahoo is also good. Not sure how good it is overall, it seems it doesn't have a good reputation here than other big players have (especially Gmail seems to get a lot more positive feedback on these forums).
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2023, 11:23 AM   #8
RFK
Essential Contributor

Application Passwords couldn't be generated anymore on Yahoo.

See https://www.reddit.com/r/yahoo/comme...is_feature_is/

I tested it and indeed I get message

"Sorry, this feature is not available right now!'