EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 Sep 2003, 07:30 AM   #1
petergh
Master of the @

What do YOU do to promote FastMail?

I assume everyone reading the posts in this forum regularly likes the service FastMail provides, and would recommend it to someone asking them for a good email service provider.

However.... what do you do (if anything) to promote the awareness of FastMail.FM among the people you meet in your everyday life?

Do you...
  • Write letters to the editor of your local computer magazine?
  • Put up posters with the FM logo on them at your school/university/job?
  • Wear FM t-shirts all the time and do all kinds of strange things to get on television?
Tell us - and inspire us to do the same as you so that we can make FM not only the best email service around but also the most popular!
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Sep 2003, 07:54 AM   #2
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Re: What do YOU do to promote FastMail?

Quote:
Originally posted by petergh

Do you...
  • Write letters to the editor of your local computer magazine? Check
  • Put up posters with the FM logo on them at your school/university/job? Does writing it on the whiteboard in the computer lab count?
  • Wear FM t-shirts all the time and do all kinds of strange things to get on television?No.. but this is certainly worth trying!
Add to that: using FM in my school a LOT, point people who are moaning about Hotmail to it, point people who are not generally mailing but forgot a floppy to take their work home at FM's generous storage, as said above: writing the URL at the whiteboards in my school's computer labs... one time I even changed the Homepages to my referal URL, but didn't realize they got reset after the PC reboots

Strangely enough I only managed to get 6 people to use it so far, 3 of which were kind enough to ask me my username so I could be their referer.

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 08:24 AM   #3
Jacobl

I paint my body blue except for "Fastmail FM ROCKS!" painted down my back.

Then I run naked in the local shopping mall screaming.
Jacobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 08:35 AM   #4
JeffK

I talk about it with people, till they are sick of me.

I think a service like fastmail sort of speaks for itself.

For people who are perpared to pay fastmail's member account and mailsnare's standard account are great value.

I showed fastmail, runbox and mailsnare to a friend who is largely computer illiterate last week. She was pretty adamant at the time they didn't want to pay for their email. She approached me at church yesterday with a smile from ear to ear and said she had bought an account. I expected her to say a fastmail member account but she went for runbox.

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 10:27 AM   #5
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jacobl
I paint my body blue except for "Fastmail FM ROCKS!" painted down my back.

Then I run naked in the local shopping mall screaming.
Gosh, why didn't *we* think of that?

PS: Writing an email to your local tech journalist to tell them you're a keen user is a *great* idea - a few journalists have been introduced to us this way, and it works out really well; they love getting a lead on a new story, and of course we get some great publicity.

Remember, helping FastMail.FM grow is good for you to - the majority of our costs are in software development, so the more people use our service and pay for it, the more we can spend on developing cool new features. Our infrastructure is highly scalable, so adding new users does not slow things down at all.
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 02:41 PM   #6
petergh
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Howard
PS: Writing an email to your local tech journalist to tell them you're a keen user is a *great* idea - a few journalists have been introduced to us this way, and it works out really well;
That's a good idea - I'll have to do that! I'll let you know if I get any response.
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 06:09 PM   #7
janus_x

I work as an internet and computer trainer at a public library during the summer. I teach people how to use email, and I do so by showing tham how my fastmail account works...invariably they want one too!!!!
janus_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 07:45 PM   #8
Prognathous
Master of the @

I don't look at promoting Fastmail as a goal, but rather to promote the email experience of friends and family members. That's why I already have 8 thankful referrals in little over than a year

Prog.
Prognathous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2016, 10:25 AM   #9
marionjoe

please give us an image link to promote FASTMAIL

hi folks
fastmail is brilliant.

i was recommended it by BLUEBOTTLE.COM - i have used bluebottle very happily for over 10 years. i received an emial from ROB the owner, saying they were closing down and they gave me link to FASTMAIL as the recommended email substitute.

fastail is brilliant. thank you.
i have found the facebook page, but have not found something as AN INTRO to FASTMAIL, that i would want to share
https://www.facebook.com/FastMailFM

i would like:
1 an image link to put on the bottom of my email signature
2 an image link to put on facebook

saying something like
"i use FastMail - try it for free - only $12 per year"
marionjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2016, 10:49 AM   #10
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
I blog it,

http://blog.fenghe.org/archives/1236
http://blog.fenghe.org/archives/1512

BTW, I expect FM migrates the credit to Pobox, b/c I don't want to open two billing accounts at the same provider.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2016, 10:38 PM   #11
krimlin
Essential Contributor

Reading about floppy disks in the second post, I had to clean my glasses - this thread is 13 years old.

Last edited by krimlin : 9 Apr 2016 at 10:46 PM.
krimlin is offline   Reply With Quote