EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 Nov 2002, 05:06 AM   #106
admiralu
Essential Contributor

Cool I Second That!

Well said, and eloquently put! Another nice quote for the FM homepage, Rob and Jeremy?!
admiralu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2002, 01:05 PM   #107
vehemen

Talking It doesn't get better than this!

I have tried almost every free email service there is, from Europe to Canada to the US. And I must say that FastMail provides the best free and paid email service out there, and to top it off they have the best customer service/support in the business. In fact their free service is better than most paid services I’ve tried. I have to personally thank Rob for his help and eagerness to get things done. This is truly an unprecedented email service, and the people behind it are continuing to make it even better; now that’s amazing!

-Elvin M.
vehemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2002, 07:11 AM   #108
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by DBH
One word to describe FastMail: AWESOME!!
Well, that's DBH's word todescribe Fastmail. Here's mine:

wow
Adam Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2002, 07:46 AM   #109
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Fastmail's name in lights!

Old 25 Nov 2002, 09:14 AM   #110
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

I'd have done it more like this:

robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2002, 04:12 AM   #111
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

I did use the initially but I changed it to
Old 26 Nov 2002, 07:41 PM   #112
justforjest

Thumbs up

Well, why I use fastmail? Because it gives me precisely what I would want of an e-mail service.

Most jobs get done in a minimum number of clicks.

You are informed of all that you might want to know. Eg., All feature enhancements, and proper notices before server downs, etc.

There is a nice feeling about security which is good for paranoids like me. I use public terminals only and with Yahoo and all at a time I used to have this worry whether someone might go to the history and read my mails online. That Public terminal Check box is cool.

Easier and better folder management

The bounce button. It's really great. And anyways, the spam management is excellent. I never got any spams till date.

And a few of the stylesheets are cool. My favourite being the nebula one and the Marble one.

justforjest

justforjest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2002, 08:26 AM   #113
ammarhasan

Thumbs up Testimonial

Just wanted to say that I've been a fastsmail user since April '02 and just upgraded my account from Full to Enhanced.

It's not often that one comes across a service so good it makes you grin

Well done to the fastmail team, I hope you make a fat wad of cash, you certainly deserve it.

Ammar.
ammarhasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2002, 07:39 AM   #114
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

FastMail.ForMe

And I know this one has been used before but I can't remember who used it.
Old 5 Dec 2002, 06:25 AM   #115
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

The name says it all!

(The name says it all!, reposted from MouthShut)

What do you do if you want a top-notch e-mail service, but you can’t find one?  Australian management consultant Jeremy Howard had an unusual answer — he created one of his own!  FastMail.FM was in beta for three years, before launching in April 2002; I became a member about two months before it launched.  For free (Guest) users it has an impressive array of features (10Mb of space, both web and IMAP access, server-side filtering, a large number of style sheets to make the web interface look just about whatever way you want it to), but a modest payment of US$14·95 (that’s one-off, not per month) gets 16Mb of space, SMTP access (so that one can send e-mail from one’s own e-mail client, instead of having to use the web interface) ability to edit one’s filter code directly, and more benefits.  Still more benefits (bigger mailboxes, virus scanning, spam prevention, access to e-mail technical support) are available to those who pay monthly.

Monthly payments also give POP access, but few people who’ve used IMAP will want to go back...  FastMail is also one of only two e-mail services good enough to have an independent discussion forum, in which Jeremy, his business partner Rob Mueller, and support team Kirill and Onno regularly participate, so problems don’t fester unsolved for weeks or even days.  And as Jeremy is a businessman as well as a programmer, FM is on a solid financial footing and is here to stay.  Why then should anyone suffer the inadequacies of Hotmail?
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Dec 2002, 09:42 PM   #116
hitch

Now even my mother uses it ;-)

Kudos to the FM team.
hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Dec 2002, 12:55 PM   #117
BBM
Essential Contributor

I switched to FastMail from Yahoo! and I find it a million times (that's one million exactly) better. The sleek web interface alone is reason enough to switch. The countless other features are just gravy. And this forum, where the actual owners and developers show up and post, is an amazing resource. On that subject, I have to congratulate Jeremy and Rob for giving polite, helpful replies to even the most irate, insulting, and backward posters. My only worry is that they'll get bored once they've worked out all the kinks!
BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 04:11 AM   #118
Adam Lachlan
Master of the @

Why are there other email services?
Old 10 Dec 2002, 02:36 PM   #119
spiderman
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastcheck.org
Quote:
Originally posted by hitch
Now even my mother uses it
Now even my mother in law uses it

SM
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2002, 09:34 AM   #120
beetone

PowerMail & Mail

I became a full member of FastMail today. I use PowerMail as my email client (with Mac "Mail" as back-up) and I just wanted to comment that I had no difficulty whatsoever in getting both connected via POP3 & SMTP. Thought this might encourage anyone who uses either programme and was hesitant about going ahead and signing-up since FastMail does not provide advice that is specific to these applications.

beetone is offline   Reply With Quote