EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Jan 2018, 11:25 AM   #1
lotuzz04

Sending A Broadcast Message

Hi

I have about 40 email addresses in my domain and using Nsmail. I have been sending broadcast emails to groups of these addresses which pertain to the important work of our organization. For the most part, this has been working successfully for us. Recently, I am unable to send broadcasts but I can email individual addresses. This loss of functionality is a real concern as we have become completely reliant on this mode of communication within our organization. Some time ago, something similar transpired and I eventually learned that the mailing system presumed these broadcasts as spam and consequentially refused delivery. The issue was corrected by the support team and there have been no hitches until now. That's was perhaps 3 years ago. I am hoping that there is explanation and similar recourse for this present event.

Does anyone know whether there is a recipient limit in a single message and what it might be ? Also, is there a public spammer or block list that I might query to see if my address or my ip happen to be listed badly in so far as Nsmail is concerned ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Wanda
IT Support
Georgetown school district
lotuzz04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jan 2018, 05:28 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Need more details

Welcome to the EMD Forums, Wanda! If you are in Georgetown Texas I'm not too far away. I'm originally from Austin but now I'm in Irving near Dallas. Unfortunately, I'm going to ask you a number of questions rather than providing a direct answer.

You posted to the FastMail Forum, where we discuss issues related to the fastmail.com email service. Was this intentional or a mistake? There are other forums here at EMD, and if your issue has nothing to do with FastMail then a moderator can move your post to the Email Help Needed! Forum. But please don't double-post -- just let us know in this thread if this is related to FastMail.

I see that the term "Nsmail" usually refers to the Network Solutions email service. Is that what you mean? I can't find any previous mention of that email service by a search of the EMD Forums.

I can't tell from your post how you are sending the emails. Are you using an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) running on your PC or mobile device? Or are you using a web email service (such as Gmail is accessed by most users)?

It also isn't clear which domains you are using as From and To in these emails. Are you sending from your domain to your domain, or from your domain to some other domain, of from some other domain to your domain?

Emails to large groups (many addresses in the To, Cc, and/or Bcc fields) are blocked by some email systems at the sending stage to prevent spammers. Some email receiving system also might block incoming messages if they receive a large number in a short interval at different email addresses at their domain. So we need to understand more about the domains involved and where the block might be happening.

In general, email is an open internet standard, and there are many different webmail systems, email clients, and other pieces of the infrastructure (such as forwarding services) which can block a large block of messages being sent in a short interval, block IP sending addresses, and cause you other difficulties. Most of this is to limit spamming. We don't need to know your domain (unless you want it to be publicly revealed), but there are ways to look for IP address blacklists.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote