EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 12 Jun 2020, 03:43 PM   #1
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Email client market share

#1 Gmail43% +4.69

#2 Apple iPhone27% -2.62

#3 Apple Mail9% -0.5

#4 Outlook7% -0.8

#5 Yahoo! Mail4% -0.39

#6 Apple iPad1% -0.12

#7 Samsung Mail1% -0.11

#8 Google Android1% -0.07

#9 Outlook.com1% -0.11

#10 Windows Live Mail0% -0.01

Email client market share

Which client have you been using?
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Jun 2020, 08:48 PM   #2
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

When I think of email client I think of a program on my computer dedicated for email. For example the client I use is Claws Mail.

As for the above list. I have accounts with Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo Mail. All accessed via Claws Mail. Those three are also accessed about one a week to check spam for legit emails via there web interface.

About a week ago I purged my cell phone of all social media apps, that included apps for those big three.

Not real sure about the difference between Outlook, Outlook.com and Windows Live Mail (Windows Client?).

I own a Samsung and not sure of this Samsung client. Is this perhaps the preinstalled email app?
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2020, 06:46 PM   #3
EricG
Essential Contributor

There's no way they can determine that! They use tracking images, which Gmail.com and Outlook.com download on their server so the client never does.

They don't name things correctly, it should always be Platform-Program. The android app is called Gmail, which includes the old Email app. Samsung and Fire's app is based on ASOP Email too.

The correct #1 is Android Gmail, which is on 10 billion devices! More than everthing else combined.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2020, 08:31 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

That list is from Litmus, an email marketing company. What they are showing is the percentage of email opens they are seeing using their analytics software. So, it is very different from what apps people have installed. I used to work for an email marketing company and we also tracked email opens. Our clients were heavily in the professional association and government agency areas, and opens tended to be 90+% on Apple devices or iOS. That was worldwide, not just in the USA. This website provides a lot of email statistics: https://www.emailmonday.com/mobile-e...ge-statistics/
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2020, 08:58 PM   #5
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

Tracking email opens? This can only be done from a web base client or a client that allows beacons or images through?

Fairly certain there is no way anyone can determine when I open and email on my client Claws Mail.
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jun 2020, 09:08 PM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
Fairly certain there is no way anyone can determine when I open and email on my client Claws Mail.
Very few people block all images or use Claws Mail. Not enough to skew the statistics. Litmus tracks many millions of emails sent every day. Read about how they do it here: https://help.litmus.com/article/127-...-actually-work
Quote:
Using a couple of different image bugs, along with our deep knowledge of how email clients work (and some very clever server-side manipulation of data), we're able to track a much wider range of actions that just the open. We can tell if someone read the message, forwarded it, printed it, what email client they used, whether they were on a mobile device, and so on.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2021, 06:40 AM   #7
Nigan

How to use HARO to get quality backlinks ?
Nigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2021, 06:42 AM   #8
Blackberry

To get started, you need to register as a source on the HARO Web site. This service sends out three emails Monday through Friday at 5:35, 12:35, and 5:35 p.m. Eastern European time. In these emails, you will look for queries that you think are relevant to your niche and that you are qualified to answer. You will then send a proposal to the news outlet that sent that particular query. You need to provide detailed and well-thought-out answers to increase your chances of getting responses, especially if your target point is a reputable site. In doing so, be sure to provide links to your site and author bio.

Last edited by Blackberry : 2 Sep 2021 at 04:37 PM.
Blackberry is offline   Reply With Quote