EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 30 Dec 2005, 10:43 AM   #76
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Re: Options

Quote:
Originally posted by Webgenie
BlueHome,

I'm so glad you decided to get involved and keep our PumaPost accounts going. I've found that your site doesn't work with Opera, at least the front page and log-in pages don't, but I worked around that with K-Meleon and got the links that do work with Opera. I got an "applet crashed" message when trying to access the files screen.

Thanks for your efforts
I'm glad they decided to get involved as well! It's been a pleasure working with them to effect the transfer.

You can also kogin by going to pumapost.com (or epo.st or any other of the PumaPost domains that were transfered).

I've tested the forms with FireFox, Opera and IE6. The only quirk is that the Usermin form fails for an initial login - some problem to do with setting cookies on changing server but not domain. After an initial login using the link provided, the form then works for subsequent logins
redmyrlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 02:12 PM   #77
alex_blue

Thanks redmyrlin! To us you're still the great founder of PumaPost or Promptpost forever.

The new login forms on PumaPost.com are clean and convenient. However I get this error when trying to login.

Quote:
This interface requires cookie support in browser.
Before this I don't have this problem and I have no problem with Yahoo, Gmail, EuMX etc. By the way what should we put as our username and is password still the same?

Thanks in advance!! Happy New Year 2006 to all.
alex_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 02:21 PM   #78
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Does it work for you if you go to http://bluehome.net and login there?

Yes - Your usernames & passwords are the same. (You also now have a unique User ID that you can login with as well, but your email address will work just fine.)
BlueHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 03:48 PM   #79
usf
Cornerstone of the Community

Bluehome,
My pumapost account does not work( yesterday , it is working). I have sent you a PM.
Please help.
usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 08:08 PM   #80
CyberSmurf

[moderator:] I have changed the title of this thread from "Closure of PumaPost" to "Future of PumaPost".
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Dec 2005, 08:27 PM   #81
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by alex_blue
Thanks redmyrlin! To us you're still the great founder of PumaPost or Promptpost forever.

The new login forms on PumaPost.com are clean and convenient. However I get this error when trying to login.

Before this I don't have this problem and I have no problem with Yahoo, Gmail, EuMX etc. By the way what should we put as our username and is password still the same?

Thanks in advance!! Happy New Year 2006 to all.
The error about cookies is probably the "quirk" I mentioned when logging in to Usermin for the first time. If so you'll need to use the "link" to login initially.

Your login details are the same as they were in PumaPost.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 09:44 PM   #82

If I go to pumapost and log in via their link then it works but from the bluehome in doesnt but that could be the DNS stil lpropagating to al lservers in between.

Thanks to both of you for all effort you have put into this move to their servers. New Years eve soo nand all that.
Great service indeed.

Freddy
Old 31 Dec 2005, 03:24 AM   #83
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberSmurf
[moderator:] I have changed the title of this thread from "Closure of PumaPost" to "Future of PumaPost".
Thanks! - a much more optimistic outlook!
Old 31 Dec 2005, 04:53 AM   #84
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Hi,

At least things are going to continue unlike they were a month or two back.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 08:43 AM   #85
jedilizagain
Essential Contributor

My inbox mails transferred fine, but my imap or user created folders did not. I had a lot of saved emails.

Is it possible they are still on Graeme's server?

- edit: I may have overreacted. I had gone into thunderbird and hoped to find the emails there, the folders I had created disappeared, but I got them back by subscribing to the folders. As far as I can tell, I still have some emails that are important. I should be safe.

Last edited by jedilizagain : 31 Dec 2005 at 09:19 AM.
jedilizagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 10:28 AM   #86
redmyrlin
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by jedilizagain
Is it possible they are still on Graeme's server?

The transfer seems to have gone well and later on today (31-Dec), after I've had a wee nap, I'll be clearing down my servers.

I'll be taking an archive of the email files and database that will stay on my VPS server until 31-Jan-2006. Hopefully this will give enough time for late-notified-transfers and for any post-transfer tweaking.
Old 31 Dec 2005, 12:29 PM   #87
davy51
Master of the @

I cant seem to log in to my epo.st account

sometimes it says my browser doesnt support cookies and other time it says wrong password and username

Last edited by davy51 : 31 Dec 2005 at 12:37 PM.
davy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 03:05 PM   #88
alex_blue

Quote:
Originally posted by davy51
I cant seem to log in to my epo.st account

sometimes it says my browser doesnt support cookies and other time it says wrong password and username
Same thing happens to my account...

Do we need to PM our username and password to BlueHome.net representative here in order to fix our problem?

Thanks!
alex_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 03:29 PM   #89
BlueHome

Representative of:
Bluehome.net
Quote:
Originally posted by alex_blue
Do we need to PM our username and password to BlueHome.net representative here in order to fix our problem?
Davy51's account details were not in the file transmission that we received to create the PumaPost accounts. I've sent a message to Graeme asking for davy51's account details to begin the transfer process.

Just to reiterate...
Quote:
PumaPost users now have 3 options:
1. Close your PumaPost account and transfer nothing to BlueHome
2. Transfer just your PumaPost address to BlueHome
3. Transfer both the PumaPost address and any stored mail to BlueHome

I would be grateful if PumaPost users could advise me of their preferred option by Tuesday 27th, December. Just send an email to
s u p p o r t [AT] p u m a p o s t [DOT] c o m

Option 1 will be followed by default. Where option 1 is applied by default any stored mail will be held on my private server until 31, January 2006. During this time the user may elect to transfer to BlueHome under option 2 or 3.
If you're not able to login, please send an email to the address above. Be sure to mention your PumaPost email address, and ask for either option 2 or 3 (depending on which how you want your transfer handled.) The needed information will be sent to us.

Last edited by BlueHome : 31 Dec 2005 at 04:00 PM.
BlueHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2005, 08:57 PM   #90
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
The faq section on the personal web url. How does it work for promptpost accounts? I am having difficulties to get it working. I tried putting in "/~userpromptpostcom" doesn't work.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote