EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 22 Jan 2019, 05:54 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Email Fetching

I have configured my FM acct to Fetch email from an AOL acct. Mail is removed from AOL acct and FM shows it retrieved BUT it does not go to my IN box Where could it be going?
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Jan 2019, 06:27 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Check your Spam folder.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2019, 10:34 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks Berenburger I checked all my folders but to no avail. They are going somewhere but are nowhe4re to be found
Old 22 Jan 2019, 01:23 PM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

First try this:
  • Go to Settings>Maril>Identities & Fetch and look at the Fetch Mail From section at the bottom of the page.
  • Click Edit for the account in question.
  • You will then see the choice you made for which folder you want the fetched messages to be delivered into. Please note that this is just the default delivery folder and can be overridden by Organize rules, discard rules, the spam filter, or custom Sieve code. The fetch filing Sieve rule is at the very end of the code and is only executed if nothing stops Sieve execution early and no organize rule matches.
  • Also note the choices for the fetch schedule. You can choose to fetch based on one of these choices:
    • Every 5 minutes when logged in, otherwise every hour
    • Only when you refresh the folder you chose for fetched message delivery.
  • Be sure to click Save at the top of the screen if you made changes you want to keep.
If you still can't find the fetched messages, try this;
  • Send an email from your Fastmail account to the AOL account. Use a unique subject, such as "testing12321".
  • Wait until the message should have been fetched, based on how you set it up (as described above).
  • Open the delivery folder you set for the fetched messages (as described above). Click the refresh icon (circular arrows to the right of the folder name in the folder list).
  • If you still don't see the test message, enter testing12321 (or whatever you used for the subject of the test message) in the Search mail field and hit the Enter key. Be sure you choose the All mail search choice. This should show you where your test message ended up.
  • Of course, you might have a rule (or spam filter) which is discarding those fetched messages.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2019, 11:59 PM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks for your help Bill I have decided to forward my FM mail to my AOL acct Seems easier way tom do it. I think FM made too many changes at one time