EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 31 Dec 2021, 10:52 PM   #1
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

FM using Email Tracking Service SendGrid?

I received an email from my wife, who also uses Fastmail. When viewing her response in emClient, there is a banner message stating "SendGrid email tracking was blocked to preserve your privacy".

Is this a mistake in emClient, or does Fastmail actually use an email tracking service?
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Dec 2021, 11:22 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

In order for emails sent from Fastmail to be using SendGrid, it implies that they would need to be using SendGrid's SMTP servers, not their own. I have never seen any evidence that Fastmail has ever used external SMTP servers except when special sending aliases have been created that explicitly request use of the non Fastmail servers.

Unless this is a bogus report, I suggest that the SendGrid tracking headers may have existed in the email because it was a forwarded email where the original was sent through SendGrid.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2021, 11:44 PM   #3
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

You're absolutely correct, BritTim.

The original email that I forwarded my wife also has the SendGrid warning on it. So it didn't come from her or Fastmail; it came from the original sender (CarFax).

Thanks for setting my mind at ease!
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2022, 11:01 PM   #4
Ditercuter

To find and view the email messages sent and received by users in your domain within the last 30 days, use the search in the email log. You can view all emails or only messages with a specific address or ID. The search results in the email log can be downloaded as a Google spreadsheet or a CSV file. You can also use email automation, which will help you synchronize your mail and other accounts, or it will send you notifications when your emails are read.

Last edited by Ditercuter : 16 Apr 2022 at 05:19 AM.
Ditercuter is offline   Reply With Quote