EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 27 Jan 2007, 11:57 PM   #1
PleX

Runbox team,

Please let us know what improvements to expect in 2007.
Customer, paying you USD 50 a year.

PleX
PleX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jan 2007, 02:49 AM   #2
NashTax

Yes, this would be nice to know. I myself have bought a 3 year subscription with Runbox, loving the service but needs to look abit nicer than it does now.
NashTax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
First and foremost we will continue working to secure the reliability and stability of the service.

We're likely to further integrate add-on services such as web hosting, and expand our offering with services for advanced users (such as the Forum frequenters) and business users.

We're very interested in your input when determining our strategy for the next few months and years, and invite you to review and discuss our list of possible features to develop: Coming Features Discussion.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Dreambiz
Essential Contributor

Some anticipated dates for the "Coming Features" would be beneficial to lots of people. Can you put a timeframe on the items listed there?
Dreambiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2007, 10:55 PM   #5
net14

I would like to know if "public files" is part of the plan for 2007.
My runbox subscription runs out this year. I will be happy to stay if public files is implemented. Otherwise, I will go to fastmail.fm
net14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 12:50 AM   #6
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Dreambiz: That list is more an invitation for you to share your suggestions and needs with us than a list of features scheduled for development.

net14: You are of course aware of our web hosting services?

- Geir
Old 12 Feb 2007, 11:14 PM   #7
net14

Geir,
I do not have a domain; I asked about public files, which fastmail.fm does offer, and that is what I am interested in.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 05:50 AM   #8
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I see. We might be able to help you with that -- please send an email to webhosting AT runbox DOT com and we'll see what we can do.

- Geir
Old 13 Feb 2007, 11:07 PM   #9
net14

Thank you! I will write to you today!
Old 14 Feb 2007, 11:44 PM   #10
net14

Thank you, Geir, and Rich, for your "solution" to my hosting/public files needs! I appreciate it.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 07:33 PM   #11
Dreambiz
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Geir
Dreambiz: That list is more an invitation for you to share your suggestions and needs with us than a list of features scheduled for development.

- Geir
Alright then, I am suggesting a list of features scheduled for development (with dates) be put together and published. I think this would be beneficial for many or most of your users.

Personally, as I've said before, I just want a fully functional and problem-free IMAP implementation. The current problems cause many headaches.
Dreambiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 09:41 PM   #12
goofy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Geir
I see. We might be able to help you with that -- please send an email to webhosting AT runbox DOT com and we'll see what we can do.

- Geir
Geir, Rich

what is 'special' solution about??
Many longyearned customers requesting at forum for 'some' (tiny) public folder webspace for years.
Why not introducing to all users???

Not a good feeling about this
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 10:11 PM   #13
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We're working on extending the web hosting to all users. You wouldn't need your own domain because you would be assigned a subdomain off of the runbox.net domain.

We have just started investigating how this would be handled so things are still in flux. At the moment the setup is a completely manual process so I will have to manage the number of requests for "subdomain hosted accounts".

Because we are still in the investigational stages all features of the account are subject to change. Anyone requesting an account needs to accept this condition. This includes reassigning your subdomain name if needed. At this time we don't foresee the need to do that but there is always a chance.

If you are interested you can send a message to webhosting -at- runbox -dot- net requesting a "subdomain hosted account". You must included your Runbox Email account username for confirmation. At this time I can not guarantee who many accounts will be allocated or how long it will take to get your account. All requests will remain in the queue until an account is allocated or until the feature becomes available to everyone or if we determine that we are unable to provide this as planned.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2007, 07:19 PM   #14
goofy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carverrn View Post
We're working on extending the web hosting to all users. You wouldn't need your own domain because you would be assigned a subdomain off of the runbox.net domain.

We have just started investigating how this would be handled so things are still in flux. At the moment the setup is a completely manual process so I will have to manage the number of requests for "subdomain hosted accounts".

Because we are still in the investigational stages all features of the account are subject to change. Anyone requesting an account needs to accept this condition. This includes reassigning your subdomain name if needed. At this time we don't foresee the need to do that but there is always a chance.

If you are interested you can send a message to webhosting -at- runbox -dot- net requesting a "subdomain hosted account". You must included your Runbox Email account username for confirmation. At this time I can not guarantee who many accounts will be allocated or how long it will take to get your account. All requests will remain in the queue until an account is allocated or until the feature becomes available to everyone or if we determine that we are unable to provide this as planned.

Regards,
Rich

Rich, please update on investigations.
goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2007, 06:12 AM   #15
che

After about 2-3 years, when will you finally launch the new imap server?

I really want to use this service again. Any chance? :-)

Have you tried to upgrade to DBMail 2.2.5? There have been lots of improvements and bugfixes.
Alternatives: Dovecot, Cyrus, etc.?
che is offline   Reply With Quote