EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 May 2018, 04:53 AM   #16
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Here's Fastmail's support page with step-by-step instructions on how to set up your domain at Gandi for email via Fastmail.
I missed that
Thanks a lot!
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 05:02 AM   #17
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Here's Fastmail's support page with step-by-step instructions on how to set up your domain at Gandi for email via Fastmail.
In these cases from that link I'd need to upgrade my Fastmail account to add a domain. I think Fred was telling me the possibility to do it without transferring the domain from the registrar Gandi to FastMail.
http://emaildiscussions.com/showpost...31&postcount=6
Old 14 May 2018, 05:10 AM   #18
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
I don't know how to change all those records in Gandi but I hope to learn how to do it
Here is a screencap from one of my domains in Gandi (v5 interface):

https://s9.postimg.cc/5u0x1n2n3/Scre...3_20-57-48.png

For this domain, I have pointed the DNS records to FastMail, so stuff like SPF and DKIM are automatically set up on the FastMail side.

Of course, you have to set up aliases/identities etc in FastMail yourself - that's why I suggested that you take screencaps of all the current settings in Gandi, so you can check you're setting up all that you require.

As for, as I mentioned previously, still being able to send from your Gandi e-mail accounts, it is possible but not something I would do myself.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 05:11 AM   #19
edu

Thank you everyone for your answers. I found a good solution:

I only need to create a new identity from an external account (in this case Gandi) within Fastmail and I can send and receive with this Gandi email account, without needing to change records or upgrading my account.
Old 14 May 2018, 05:13 AM   #20
edu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
Here is a screencap from one of my domains in Gandi (v5 interface):

https://s9.postimg.cc/5u0x1n2n3/Scre...3_20-57-48.png

For this domain, I have pointed the DNS records to FastMail, so stuff like SPF and DKIM are automatically set up on the FastMail side.

Of course, you have to set up aliases/identities etc in FastMail yourself - that's why I suggested that you take screencaps of all the current settings in Gandi, so you can check you're setting up all that you require.

As for, as I mentioned previously, still being able to send from your Gandi e-mail accounts, it is possible but not something I would do myself.
Thanks Fred, I will think about this... but maybe I don't need it, please read my previous post.