EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 9 Feb 2005, 03:03 AM   #1
petrs

bandwidth - is it in line w/ terms of service? don't think so...

not that 2.5gb/week isn't enough for me - 2.5gb/year is probably by far enough for me

but I am just wondering if terms of service we've agreed to allow limitation of service. to my knowledge, I've agreed to extension of service only

cheers,

petr
petrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Feb 2005, 03:21 AM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
First paragraph of the TOS:

Runbox currently provides users with the email service Runbox Mail Manager pursuant to the terms set forth below (the “ToS”). runbox may change the ToS at any time, with or without prior notification.

They've changed the terms.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2005, 08:21 AM   #3
petrs

Quote:
Originally posted by carverrn
First paragraph of the TOS:

Runbox currently provides users with the email service Runbox Mail Manager pursuant to the terms set forth below (the “ToS”). runbox may change the ToS at any time, with or without prior notification.

They've changed the terms.

Regards,
Rich
in clear contradiction w/ 11. modification:
runbox may at any time augment or enhance the current service with new features, with or without prior notification.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 08:28 AM   #4
ReuvenNY

Quote:
Originally posted by petrs
runbox may at any time augment or enhance the current service with new features, with or without prior notification.
Sorry, you misunderstood that - what it means is that Runbox may IMPROVE at any time it's features. The other provision pertains to changes in TOS.
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2005, 08:43 AM   #5
petrs

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
Sorry, you misunderstood that - what it means is that Runbox may IMPROVE at any time it's features. The other provision pertains to changes in TOS.
well, I don't really think so - if you look at the ToS, none of the 13 paragraphs but 11 talks about changes in the 'product'. the preambule (or enacting clause if you like) talks about changes in ToS, i.e. the 13 paragraphs that follow it...

net, runbox should have changed its ToS prior changes in its service ('product').
Old 9 Feb 2005, 09:16 AM   #6
jbs
Essential Contributor

Quote:
well, I don't really think so - if you look at the ToS, none of the 13 paragraphs but 11 talks about changes in the 'product'. the preambule (or enacting clause if you like) talks about changes in ToS, i.e. the 13 paragraphs that follow it...

net, runbox should have changed its ToS prior changes in its service ('product').
Well, since they are entitled to change the terms of service 'without notification' I don't see why you say they needed to change ToS prior to changes in the product.

--Jason
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2005, 12:28 PM   #7
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
If I must...

Last paragraph of 2. SUBSCRIBER CONDUCT

You will obey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of Runbox Mail Manager or connected services, and observe and comply with any usage restriction set forth by administrators on this or appurtenant web sites, with regards to content, storage space, traffic, bandwidth, and other conditions.

You want to pick at the whole TOS fine ... but it won't change anything.

There are now bandwidth limits of 2.5GB/week. End of story.

Runbox may decide to offer additional bandwidth for a cost but we'll have to wait and see.

If the service no longer meets your needs because of the changes ask for a refund. That's all they really owe you.

Regards,
Rich
Old 9 Feb 2005, 05:32 PM   #8
petrs

Quote:
Originally posted by carverrn
If I must...

Last paragraph of 2. SUBSCRIBER CONDUCT

You will obey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of Runbox Mail Manager or connected services, and observe and comply with any usage restriction set forth by administrators on this or appurtenant web sites, with regards to content, storage space, traffic, bandwidth, and other conditions.

You want to pick at the whole TOS fine ... but it won't change anything.

There are now bandwidth limits of 2.5GB/week. End of story.

Runbox may decide to offer additional bandwidth for a cost but we'll have to wait and see.

If the service no longer meets your needs because of the changes ask for a refund. That's all they really owe you.

Regards,
Rich
Rich, no need to overreact on this one.

cheers,

petr
Old 9 Feb 2005, 10:11 PM   #9
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:

cheers,

petr
Thanks for a little reality check. My patience has been a little taxed lately.

Regards,
Rich
Old 10 Feb 2005, 03:25 AM   #10
jbs
Essential Contributor

Quote:

cheers,

petr
Rich is far too gracious, I'd have to say his post didn't feel like an overreaction at all. For a week people have been accusing Runbox of various acts of malfeasance, threats have been flying around about reporting them to (nonexistent) authorities and so forth.

I have to admit, I read the ToS when I signed up, but had not bothered to re-read it since then, relying instead ont he quoted passage about being able to change the terms. But Rich's post:

Quote:
reads to me like the ultimate vindication. I'm very glad he posted it, and I wish I'd done so a week ago.

Thanks, Rich!

-Jason

P.S. I had to look up appurtenant.
jbs is offline   Reply With Quote